Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony fight for shopper spending

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony fight for shopper spending.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/12/gS6GDe.jpg[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-nintendo-and-sony-fight-for-shopper-spending-37210/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-nintendo-and-sony-fight-for-shopper-spending-37210/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

The Wii is old hat… We outgrew it and now use a PS3… The kids will get Move games and controllers this holiday season. That said, neither XBOX360 or PS3 have any WOW games out. I personally prefer the PS3, but I think the Kinect does offer more potential in the long run… perhaps not with this generation XBOX console, but perhaps the next, when it comes. Still, MS will likely continue to dominate with the XBOX360 for a while longer. I don’t know any other PS3 friends of mine getting Move controllers, but the majority of the XBOX’ers are getting Kinects.

i think the Wii caters to the non-serious gamers in general so i don’t really think XBox360/PS3 have to worry about getting market share from them. if anything the Wii has to worrry because of stuff like Kinect which has already sold 2.5 million units which i am sure will take a bite out of Wii’s main strengths.

but i guess one thing the Wii has going for it is that it’s already got quite a few games out there where as games for Kinect i suspect are close to zero right now.

me personally even though i got a XBox360 i don’t really think ill care about the Kinect simply because, even though it’s fairly powerful from what people say, i can’t actually see it being better than using a regular controller for most games ill actually like.

so basically i don’t even see the Kinect being even slightly worth getting into the foreseeable future and like i say those Kinect/Wii/Move type devices i think cater to a different type of gamer than the usual serious gamers.

but i think the Kinect has potential to actually be useful but only if someone actually takes advantage of it. as i think it’s selling well because of the initial ‘cool effect’ but once that wears off, without the quality games it will be a $150 dollar dust collecting device.

REDMOND, Wash. — Nov. 29, 2010 — Microsoft Corp. today announced that strong demand over the Black Friday weekend has propelled retail sales of Kinect for Xbox 360 to more than 2.5 million units worldwide since it launched just 25 days ago.

I jumped on the bandwagon by buying the Kinect- I own all 3 platforms ie; Wii-PS3 and XBox 360.
The Wii is great for casual stuff with the kids- PS3 only used for the Bluray and The XBox Kinect will hopefully help us getting into shape using the Work out games and should be great fun to use for the whole Family.

[QUOTE=SithTracy;2560716]MS will likely continue to dominate with the XBOX360 for a while longer. I[/QUOTE]

This is a common misconception. The xbox is ahead of PS3 in the US by a large margin but PS3 is way ahead in europe and Japan. The global sales are close now and PS3 is steadily outselling xbox globally.