Microsoft looks ahead to Windows 7

Are you going to get Windows 7 when it is released?

Microsoft is anxious to get people to forget about Vista, and that means they have to really crank out good marketing for Windows 7:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/16135-Microsoft-looks-ahead-to-Windows-7.html

What say you?

I’m currently using the RC as my primary O/S. I would love to get rid of XP completely, alas there are a few applications I use that seem to prefer XP.

I’ve pre-ordered my copy of Windows 7 from the Egg, would expect it to arrive 1-2 days after launch.

Without an upgrade path from XP, I won’t be changing to Windows 7. :disagree: There’s no way I want to have to do a fresh install on the 6 systems I maintain. :doh:

If Microsoft was serious about making up for Vista and was trying to encourage all of the people that stayed with XP to upgrade, then surely they would have include an XP to Windows 7 upgrade path. :a

CodeKing were in the the minority…they could give a F**& about us and our views and experiences with XP. I think they time XP disappear everyone will regret why didn’t they improve on a good product they had. Also they tend to forget the world doesn’t revolve around them and that XP and older O/S are still running the world not M$… I slipstream my XP pro to XP Pro SP3 with updates using nlite and it works great on my Desktop and laptop and I stick with this for years to come. Vista to me what the great hype that became the great hump instead. Win7 aka Vista 2.0 that how I see it… they bring out new O/S without addressing previous problems and that to me is not forward thinking but arcache thinking that endusers are to stupid to finally realize they been taken for a ride.

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2302052]Without an upgrade path from XP, I won’t be changing to Windows 7. :disagree: There’s no way I want to have to do a fresh install on the 6 systems I maintain. :doh:

If Microsoft was serious about making up for Vista and was trying to encourage all of the people that stayed with XP to upgrade, then surely they would have include an XP to Windows 7 upgrade path. :a[/QUOTE]

Microsoft needs a OS that is better than XP but uses less resorces than Vista, and can be used in netbooks that now dominate the sales.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2302213]CodeKing were in the the minority…they could give a F**& about us and our views and experiences with XP. I think they time XP disappear everyone will regret why didn’t they improve on a good product they had. Also they tend to forget the world doesn’t revolve around them and that XP and older O/S are still running the world not M$… I slipstream my XP pro to XP Pro SP3 with updates using nlite and it works great on my Desktop and laptop and I stick with this for years to come. Vista to me what the great hype that became the great hump instead. Win7 aka Vista 2.0 that how I see it… they bring out new O/S without addressing previous problems and that to me is not forward thinking but arcache thinking that endusers are to stupid to finally realize they been taken for a ride.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

I’m still using XP, it was a great operating system. It is also 8 years old and it’s age has been showing for quite some time.

I did not move to Vista so I can’t speak for any of the problems whether they are legitimate or not. I was under the impression that most of the issues were corrected with SP1.

It seems like a good time to move on. Holding on to an outdated operating system isn’t forward thinking either.

I’m a lot of things, stupid is not one of them. By todays licensing standards, paying $50 to upgrade my 8 year old operating to the current version, feels almost criminally wrong.