Microsoft locks paid OneDrive accounts – monitors behavior and content

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft locks paid OneDrive accounts – monitors behavior and content[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/04/myce-onedrive-logo-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Microsoft locks out users from their OneDrive account and denies access to their files for 24 hours.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-locks-paid-onedrive-accounts-monitors-behavior-and-content-71262](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-locks-paid-onedrive-accounts-monitors-behavior-and-content-71262)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I really find it hard to believe that they would use the term Code of Conduct.

I believe there Code of Conduct should be looked into.

Perhaps Seán found out that OneDrive is compromised by hackers…:bigsmile:
And now MS is trying to cover up with nonsense so that they have some time to investigate…:bigsmile:

I had the same message last night at home when I logged into my Hotmail.com account. I log in all the time from home and no issues. Has to be related to this.

Is anyone really surprised by this behaviour by M$? I’m glad I don’t rely on something as useless as that.

This is just one of many examples of cloud computing remember XBOX? lol

One has to wonder why anyone would use it rather than google drive or one of the other alternatives if Microsoft is going to behave in that manner. :frowning:

[QUOTE=philamber;2725936]One has to wonder why anyone would use it rather than google drive or one of the other alternatives if Microsoft is going to behave in that manner. :([/QUOTE]Agreed :iagree: Given Gdrive’s recent price drop it makes no sense financially, and with MS behaviour it’s like they are shooting themselves in their foot.

I partially disagree, since any could drive services can act just as poorly, sometimes without anyone knowing. I would not recommend using any cloud storage at all. If you do, compress your files into a format that supports passwords, such as 7-Zip, as this is the best way to protect your privacy. Too bad there are no sneaky tricks for getting past the “guilty until proven innocent” mentality that companies like Microsoft use.

Guess M$ is operating under the instructions of the MPAA , RIAA and NSA checking on what users are storing in their Skydrive. Notice the BS answers on the M$ forum when people complain… Glad I don’t use it…

It’s all part of Microshaft you get when they take your money lol.

I am still on WinXP SP3 and I’ve not bought anything since from Microshaft cause I know how it feels to be left like this.

I agree that once you upload a file to a cloud storage, its readable by the company that owns it, Philamber. But its one thing to examine it, and another to make changes to it or lock someone out of it without knowledge of why it was uploaded.