Microsoft limits Windows 10 rollback period to 10 days

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft limits Windows 10 rollback period to 10 days[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/08/windows-10-go-back-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Microsoft has limited the rollback period for users who upgraded to Windows 10 to ten days. Previously users could try out Windows 10 for 30 days before they had to decide whether they wanted to continue to use Microsoft’s latest OS or go back to their previous Windows version.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-limits-windows-10-rollback-period-10-days-80155/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-limits-windows-10-rollback-period-10-days-80155/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Yeah… making more free space… like we’re going to believe that’s the reason. We all know Windows 10 has more malware than any other version of Windows. Microsoft wants control over everything you do. They can’t get that kind of control over Windows 7 users, and they know Windows 8 has never been popular. So, getting everyone on Windows 10 is key to installing the inevitable updates that will turn Windows 10 into a walled garden. These restrictions won’t mean much if users are able to easily switch operating systems, hence making it hard to switch back to older versions of Windows, and deleting GNU/Linux partitions.

If Microsoft really cared about your free space, they would consider slimming Windows down, so that the OS [I]doesn’t[/I] need 20 GB of disk space. As for the space taken up by Windows 7/8, Microsoft could put in a button that makes it easy for users to manually delete one’s old Windows 7/8 installation themselves.

At the very least, they could avoid downloading Windows 10 on the machines of users that don’t want 10. That would save users plenty of space.

At least this sheep has tasted greener pastures… bahhh

Yeah, those reasons sound like complete BS.

Whether the free space is limited for 10 days or 30 makes no difference to anyone, least of all Microsoft. The same with their reason that most users go back within a few days. It’s that’s the case It makes no difference to MS if it’s 10 days, 30 days or even 60 days. My guess is more people are rolling back between days 11 and 30 than MS are letting on, and they want that to stop.

Anyone thinking of “upgrading” from Windows 7 or 8 really should make a system image before starting the “upgrade” so that they can go back to their previous operating system without any time limitation. [Just remember to back up your data files; i.e. documents, emails, etc., to either a separate partition or a removable drive before reverting to the previous operating system if you don’t care for Windows 10.]

I will have to agree :iagree: as the reasoning is absolute rubbish, A-Z.
The reason is of course that the user has the option to remove the old installation whenever the user wants, even the same day as performing the upgrade if so desired:

[[B]Winkey[/B]]+[[B]R[/B]] type [B]cleanmgr[/B] and hit [[B]Enter[/B]]

Since I just did the upgrade, it is still in there and I highlighted and checked the choice to show you how simple it is, just click [OK] and the old installation is gone.
This very option removes Microsoft’s argument as a valid one. In other words, I think Microsoft should be addressed again about their reasons as this simply does not add up :disagree:

[QUOTE=philamber;2779111]Anyone thinking of “upgrading” from Windows 7 or 8 really should make a system image before starting the “upgrade” so that they can go back to their previous operating system without any time limitation. [Just remember to back up your data files; i.e. documents, emails, etc., to either a separate partition or a removable drive before reverting to the previous operating system if you don’t care for Windows 10.][/QUOTE]
Problem alot of stories I heard people didn’t think to do this twice…but also MS didn’t tell people in doing so would cause data loss so they are also culpable in this problem.