Microsoft launches Windows 7 OS

vbimport

I just posted the article Microsoft launches Windows 7 OS.

Microsoft is now attempting to start a new era with its Windows 7 operating system, in the company’s best effort to erase bad memories of its Vista Windows OS.

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/21288-microsoft-launches-windows-7-os.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/21288-microsoft-launches-windows-7-os.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They had all the upgrades for sale in Costco today but not the Retail Versions.:wink:

Upgrade prices are to much, they need to reduce them if they want people to buy Windows 7.

Windows 7 is just more of the same bloated junk that Microsoft continues to peddle onto their brainwashed lemmings. I’ve been using Win7 Ultimate for a few months now and quite frankly it’s a poor excuse for an OS. Its heavy on resources, has an unintuitive interface that takes too many steps to achieve simple tasks and is blatantly ripped off from the KDE desktop (shame Microsoft - you lazy asses), has embedded and intrusive DRM that wreaks havoc on digital content and finally has a security model (UAC) that does very little to protect against rampant malware.

Yeah, just more of the same sloppy garbage one has come to expect from Microsoft or is it PigSoft ?

[QUOTE=BitRate;2455830]has embedded and intrusive DRM that wreaks havoc on digital content and finally has a security model (UAC) that does very little to protect against rampant malware.

Yeah, just more of the same sloppy garbage one has come to expect from Microsoft or is it PigSoft ?[/QUOTE]

So how did you find out about and know it had the DRM ??? I know they said it was on Vista as well…

I’ve been quite happy with win7 ultimate RC. Fast doesn’t crash all the time, most everything works. I turned off all the UAC crap and use my own firewall and anti virus with it no problems.
It reminds me of when they first released XP, that seemed to work very well for me too. I never bothered with Vista.