Microsoft gives you free Dell laptop if it can’t upgrade your PC to Windows 10

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft gives you free Dell laptop if it can’t upgrade your PC to Windows 10[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/07/s0992311_sc7-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Microsoft will give a free 15" Dell Inspiron Notebook to anyone with a Windows 10 compatible computer on which Microsoft store technicians are unable to upgrade to the operating system. The move is another attempt to convince users to upgrade to the company’s latest OS.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-gives-free-dell-laptop-cant-upgrade-pc-windows-10-79969/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-gives-free-dell-laptop-cant-upgrade-pc-windows-10-79969/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

In order to be eligible users have to go to a Microsoft retail store in the United States and Canada with a PC that is capable of running Windows 10.

Dang, why not Norway. I’m sure I could come up with what ought to upgrade but still won’t due to a flaky this or that… With no apparent reason, now that would be a cheap laptop :wink:

should be running Windows 8(.1), so Windows 7 users are out of luck.
This tells you how scared they are that Windows 7 is beating out Windows 10. That’s all the facts I need to know Windows 10 is a flop… :Z

I got a dell 1525 upgraded CPU and RAM and HDD with Windows 7 and never looked back.

I beg to differ a little :wink:

Imo, it goes to show that many Windows 7 installations probably runs on older hardware which is harder to upgrade and so to not have to push a new laptop to too many U.S. and Canadian citizens, they wisely left it out of the offer :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2778031]I beg to differ a little :wink:

Imo, it goes to show that many Windows 7 installations probably runs on older hardware which is harder to upgrade and so to not have to push a new laptop to too many U.S. and Canadian citizens, they wisely left it out of the offer :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
I think because it actually works and does what it does is the real reason why Windows 7 has staying power compared to Windows 8. Notice you don’t hear any pep about Windows 8.1 it’s all about Windows 7. I’ve been to forum where Windows 10 users OEM dumped Windows 10 and looked for Windows 7 and Linux-Linux can you believe that. That in itself tells you how badly Windows 10 is going. If it was so good it would sells like Windows 7 but unfortunately the numbers buying don’t bear out those. All those numbers they give are padded and for devices not computers of whom where the staying power is - if it was good then computer users themselves in buying Windows 10 would tell you but they never really use those number only those numbers they sell to manufactures and that is a false story on how many people want Windows 10.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2777996]Dang, why not Norway. I’m sure I could come up with what ought to upgrade but still won’t due to a flaky this or that… With no apparent reason, now that would be a cheap laptop ;)[/QUOTE]

Just bring in an old MacBook, and they have to give you a new laptop.

Just bring in an old MacBook, and they have to give you a new laptop

Not necessarily. I mixed up drives when I was putting a replacement in a MacBook 2009 version. The HDD had Windows 8.1 and the bloody thing booted and ran. Didn’t install the wireless drivers but everything else worked. It wasn’t that quick but it worked.

[QUOTE=biggles77;2778159]Not necessarily. I mixed up drives when I was putting a replacement in a MacBook 2009 version. The HDD had Windows 8.1 and the bloody thing booted and ran. Didn’t install the wireless drivers but everything else worked. It wasn’t that quick but it worked.[/QUOTE]

Totally amazing, I dont even think I knew of anyone that even tried it. I learn something new everyday.:iagree: