Microsoft Germany: Windows 10 to boost PC market by end of this year

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft Germany: Windows 10 to boost PC market by end of this year[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/11/windows-10.-phone-laptop-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Windows 10 will boost the PC market, according to Markus Nitschke who is responsible for Windows at Microsoft Germany. According to Nitschke the sagging market will get a new impulse from Microsoft’s latest operating system by the end of this year.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-germany-windows-10-boost-pc-market-end-year-80289/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-germany-windows-10-boost-pc-market-end-year-80289/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It is inevitable that this will be the result in the end.

They have made user adoption slow by their controversial excessive telemetry collection, but ultimately it will not matter if people are hesitant as it either is Windows 10/successor or an alternative operating system.

That is basically the choice and end scenario.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2779866]It is inevitable that this will be the result in the end.

They have made user adoption slow by their controversial excessive telemetry collection, but ultimately it will not matter if people are hesitant as it either is Windows 10/successor or an alternative operating system.

That is basically the choice and end scenario.[/QUOTE]
By that time Windows 2016 will be out… :stuck_out_tongue:

Windows 10 will go by the waste side like ME and 8… :rolleyes:

Quite simple really.
The Kaby Lake platform, which is due towards the end of the year won’t support any Windows version older than Windows 10. In other words, Kaby Lake will require the native hardware support that only Windows 10 can provide.

Of course, users can hang onto old hardware, and an old OS like Windows 7. They will claim they don’t need the latest hardware for what they do, but at the same time moan about how the latest software has become so bloated it doesn’t run well on their system, and they will never admit that their old hardware and OS has become obsolete.

So dream on coolcolors. Win 7 will fall by the wayside long before Windows 10 does. :stuck_out_tongue: :flower:

[QUOTE=Dee;2779870]Quite simple really.
The Kaby Lake platform, which is due towards the end of the year won’t support any Windows version older than Windows 10. In other words, Kaby Lake will require the native hardware support that only Windows 10 can provide.

Of course, users can hang onto old hardware, and an old OS like Windows 7. They will claim they don’t need the latest hardware for what they do, but at the same time moan about how the latest software has become so bloated it doesn’t run well on their system, and they will never admit that their old hardware and OS has become obsolete.

So dream on coolcolors. Win 7 will fall by the wayside long before Windows 10 does. :stuck_out_tongue: :flower:[/QUOTE]
Well then the numbers for percentage current doesn’t or support for Windows 10 market shares. By it own sheer blunders Windows 10 has nothing but themselves to blame for their own lack of listening and ramrodding PR nightmares that they started themselves. Making Windows 10 user customized after installation - would’ve gone long way to showing they listened and making the O/S user defined not MS mobile phone defined. I can dream on but MS dream is more a nightmare they caused themselves. Windows 7 won’t be it’s own down fall Windows 10 insure that it would do it’s own downfall.

There have always been reactions similar to @coolcolors’ to new versions of Windows although I suspect he/she is more of a troll than a genuine Windows user with a complaint.
Windows 10 is a fine piece of software and as @Dee says it will pretty soon be the one to have if you want to run all the latest and greatest applications.
As a software developer I have lots of clients who have made the switch and who would not go back.
I realise that there are a large number of people who have been adversely affected by the Windows 10 update but to put it into perspective there are over 350 million active users of Windows 10 but no one has ever put an actual number on the people who have had failures? Regular readers of the blogs would be acutely aware that there are about 100 trolls that dominate the complainants along with those that are genuinely aggrieved. The reality is that the percentage of people adversely affected is tiny compared to the number of satisfied users but those 100 people I mentioned make an awful lot of noise.
Before we start believing the rubbish spread by these trolls lets get some real figures on the number of installations that have gone wrong.
We would all like there to be no failures but, as a software developer, I can tell you that is an impossible dream. There are so many factors that can contribute to a failed installation that fall outside the scope of the software being installed and they can range between bad or broken hardware, incompatible software already installed, incompatible hardware and numerous other things that are totally out of the control of the software supplier, in this case Microsoft.
We all agree, and I’m sure that includes Microsoft, that in a perfect world no-one would have an installation failure but, as I said, let’s put it into perspective.
At this stage, every 100,000 bad installations accounts for only 0.0285 of 1%. That is approximately 1/35 of 1%. To get to 1% failure rate we would need there to be 3.5 million failures and that would deliver us a 99% success rate. Not ideal but not too shabby and I don’t know about you but I certainly haven’t read bad reports from 3,500,000 users.
So before we let this crap go on any more is there anyone out there that can give us actual figures because I’m getting sick of these trolls shouting out their offensive claptrap without any facts on quantity or severity.

[QUOTE=GaryOCO;2779893]There have always been reactions similar to @coolcolors’ to new versions of Windows although I suspect he/she is more of a troll than a genuine Windows user with a complaint.
Windows 10 is a fine piece of software and as @Dee says it will pretty soon be the one to have if you want to run all the latest and greatest applications.
As a software developer I have lots of clients who have made the switch and who would not go back.
I realise that there are a large number of people who have been adversely affected by the Windows 10 update but to put it into perspective there are over 350 million active users of Windows 10 but no one has ever put an actual number on the people who have had failures? Regular readers of the blogs would be acutely aware that there are about 100 trolls that dominate the complainants along with those that are genuinely aggrieved. The reality is that the percentage of people adversely affected is tiny compared to the number of satisfied users but those 100 people I mentioned make an awful lot of noise.
Before we start believing the rubbish spread by these trolls lets get some real figures on the number of installations that have gone wrong.
We would all like there to be no failures but, as a software developer, I can tell you that is an impossible dream. There are so many factors that can contribute to a failed installation that fall outside the scope of the software being installed and they can range between bad or broken hardware, incompatible software already installed, incompatible hardware and numerous other things that are totally out of the control of the software supplier, in this case Microsoft.
We all agree, and I’m sure that includes Microsoft, that in a perfect world no-one would have an installation failure but, as I said, let’s put it into perspective.
At this stage, every 100,000 bad installations accounts for only 0.0285 of 1%. That is approximately 1/35 of 1%. To get to 1% failure rate we would need there to be 3.5 million failures and that would deliver us a 99% success rate. Not ideal but not too shabby and I don’t know about you but I certainly haven’t read bad reports from 3,500,000 users.
So before we let this crap go on any more is there anyone out there that can give us actual figures because I’m getting sick of these trolls shouting out their offensive claptrap without any facts on quantity or severity.[/QUOTE]Here’s goes a real Troll…you have no idea of my experience or knowledge yet claim to know I am a troll. Maybe you should look up the word Trolling before thinking you know more then others. So where are you getting those troll numbers? If you can’t fathom the debacle just look at some pc forums and you can see people dumping Win10 machine to go looking for Win7 or other extreme Linux and those are everyday users not pc savvy users. If one keeps drinking the koolaid they will never see the other side. Also Win10 keeps updating constantly not like Win7 where it has updates - Win10 acts like a beta updates constantly updating not doing periodically Win update like before. This tells me they have yet to really complete Win10 but release because they wanted Monetary funds instead of giving a working product. @GaryOCO Win10 has yet to break the 50% market share that Win7 owns right now so until it does that at the speed Win7 was adopted. That is the test of true acceptance and adoption of a working O/S. Something Win10 has yet to do and claims to beat XP is that all the best they can do?

First things first:
[B]Welcome to the forum GaryOCO[/B] :flower:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2779895]Here’s goes a real Troll…you have no idea of my experience or knowledge yet claim to know I am a troll. Maybe you should look up the word Trolling before thinking you know more then others. So where are you getting those troll numbers? If you can’t fathom the debacle just look at some pc forums and you can see people dumping Win10 machine to go looking for Win7 or other extreme Linux and those are everyday users not pc savvy users. If one keeps drinking the koolaid they will never see the other side. Also Win10 keeps updating constantly not like Win7 where it has updates - Win10 acts like a beta updates constantly updating not doing periodically Win update like before. This tells me they have yet to really complete Win10 but release because they wanted Monetary funds instead of giving a working product. @GaryOCO Win10 has yet to break the 50% market share that Win7 owns right now so until it does that at the speed Win7 was adopted. That is the test of true acceptance and adoption of a working O/S. Something Win10 has yet to do and claims to beat XP is that all the best they can do?[/QUOTE]

Now he only say he suspect which is entirely different to an accusation, you seemingly try to prove his speculations right though :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I have used Windows 10 since day one and have virtual Windows 3.1 -> Windows 7 installs to use older programs when needed. All my Windows 10 upgrades has gone through without errors even though in-place upgrades are hard to do (…which is the same for any OS, even Linux)
I have never looked back and rather seen it as evolution to which I must adapt. By that I mean that I have chosen to fight for my right to not send data to Microsoft from within Windows 10 and adjust it to taste instead of staying behind and thus deprive myself of needed experience.
It is not like Windows 7 is free from telemetry collection out of the box and from October, there will be only a ‘catch all’ monthly update which will make for much work unless you choose to turn off Windows update and thus be vulnerable to future exploits.
The users are where the programs are and just as uninteresting Windows Phone is at current with its lack of software, Windows is equally interesting with its vast software base users can choose from, and in this game, Windows 10 is the version taking it further. In this respect, Dee is correct even if Windows 7 has a market share of 50%. It is an aging and slowly dying operating system.

People opposed to the new version have, as Dee correctly points out, only an option of staying behind or choose another operating system like Linux.
Unfortunately, Linux Mint (being the most probable route for previous Windows users) or any other distro can not be seen as a solution, as there are a lot of application that simply does not exist in the Linux world. The Linux community like to think that there are alternatives and sure enough there are, you could try Libre Office instead of Quickbooks and there is a version of Word Perfect, but it would still mean you will have to change your entire working environment which could prove an expensive route only to find yourself re-installing windows further down the road.

I think it is a very interesting question though; what was the actual failure rate in percent if we consider any upgrade to Windows 10 from previous operating systems during the free upgrade offer? :clap:

Unfortunately for Microsoft and possibly PC vendors, Windows 10 has got quite a poor reputation and most of it is of Microsoft’s own making. I really can’t see it helping boost PC sales that much.

I still get people coming to me asking if I can find them a Windows 7 equipped PC or laptop because either first or third hand, they’ve had experience of Windows 10 and weren’t impressed.Â

You will never get true upgrade failure rate numbers because most users will not use the internet or even Microsoft support, they will go straight to a friend, relative or the local repair shop. But I will say one thing, several people I know are getting sick and tired of Win 10 updates messing about or breaking stuff. This constant major update or upgrade cycle increases the chances of major issues each time.

Free comes with a price with Windows 10 - it is a data rich mining/meta data O/S that basically says your data/privacy is ours to own and use as we please. For savvy users they will find blocks but everyday users that isn’t a simple.

[QUOTE=Dee;2779870]Win 7 will fall by the wayside long before Windows 10 does. :stuck_out_tongue: :flower:[/QUOTE]

Ah, Dee. Like diamonds, Windows 10 is forever. :wink:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2779895]Here’s goes a real Troll…you have no idea of my experience or knowledge yet claim to know I am a troll. Maybe you should look up the word Trolling before thinking you know more then others. So where are you getting those troll numbers? If you can’t fathom the debacle just look at some pc forums and you can see people dumping Win10 machine to go looking for Win7 or other extreme Linux and those are everyday users not pc savvy users. If one keeps drinking the koolaid they will never see the other side. Also Win10 keeps updating constantly not like Win7 where it has updates - Win10 acts like a beta updates constantly updating not doing periodically Win update like before. This tells me they have yet to really complete Win10 but release because they wanted Monetary funds instead of giving a working product. @GaryOCO Win10 has yet to break the 50% market share that Win7 owns right now so until it does that at the speed Win7 was adopted. That is the test of true acceptance and adoption of a working O/S. Something Win10 has yet to do and claims to beat XP is that all the best they can do?[/QUOTE]Maybe you should reread the article here is what is posted and windows 7 is no where near 50%.

“In the United States Windows 10 is hot on heels of Windows 7. The difference between Windows 10 (28.41%) and Windows 7 (31.73%) is about 3%. In Europe the numbers are pretty much the same, Windows 7 has a market share of 35.33% and Windows 10 hold a market share of 30.38%, a difference of about 5%”

[QUOTE=ILLP;2779908]Maybe you should reread the article here is what is posted and windows 7 is no where near 50%.

“In the United States Windows 10 is hot on heels of Windows 7. The difference between Windows 10 (28.41%) and Windows 7 (31.73%) is about 3%. In Europe the numbers are pretty much the same, Windows 7 has a market share of 35.33% and Windows 10 hold a market share of 30.38%, a difference of about 5%”[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t trust those numbers as far as I could throw them, Statcounter and Netmarketshare are both the big players in this area and both have wildly different operating statistics. Netmarketshare puts Win 7 at 47% global share, much higher than Statcounter.

They both have to make too many huge assumptions to be reliable and used as facts to back anything up.

@Xercus. Thank you it is a pleasure to be here.

@coolcolors. To quote William Shakespeare ‘Methinks thou dost protest too much.’

@roho. While I agree that the numbers from these sites don’t seem to be in sync, they are the only figures we have and are immeasurably better than the alternative which is wild speculation that generally results in figures that suit the argument of the purveyor of these speculations and have zero basis in reality.

I should point out that I am not, as our friend @coolcolors would suggest a Windows shill. Back in the early eighties, I was anything but a Windows/Microsoft user. I was an avid fan of the Amiga computer but thought that we had many choices, including the Amiga, that would be better than Microsoft’s Windows for the future of the world’s computing. Systems like the Apple variations, Atari, Acorn and many others and I still think that just about any of these would have been better than Windows. I couldn’t believe it when Microsoft became the standard and forced me, as a software developer, to climb onto their train. Of course, as a software developer I have to have a working knowledge of every commercial OS so I use and develop for them all, including iOS, OSX, Android and even Linux.

As far as Windows 10 reputation goes, yes Microsoft made some terrible blunders with their ramrodding methods of forcing the update which none of us liked one little bit, and the telemetry scare mongering did wonders for the ABMers but, try to forget Microsoft for a minute and look just at Windows 10 the operating system. If you do, you’ll find that it is pretty damned good. It is, in my opinion, easily the best Windows to date and I have used them all on a daily basis.

Microsoft is duly digging their grave forcing serious spyware down users throat - their “quality as a service” is another bullet to their head … whata terrible suicide in progress.

There is no future for WinX or any other MS software/hardware as long as they ignore a basic human right (data privacy).

Either Gates comes back and adjusts course by firing all those 10 morons in the company or MS shall perish within a decade.

well just my thought and I am am rarely mistaken…

@Millennium12
Using your criteria for what constitutes actions bound to put a company into a ‘terrible suicide in progress’, it would seem that there are countless others on the same track. Probably the absolute master at this is Google who make Microsoft look like amateurs as they make their living by ripping your private data and selling it to the highest bidder.

If you don’t like products that rip your private data it must be very difficult for you to find any software to use and yet here you are posting on the internet. It is therefore possible to assume you have worked out how to keep yourself safe and I was wondering if you’d be willing to share with us which browser you are using and what OS it is that protects you from this villainy?

Sure, Gary, but others doing the same does not make it right - it’s not about whose the worst privacy offender. This “new world” is going horribly wrong in most aspects - the moral compass got lost so what?

The internet turned into villainy itself due to a few big data/privacy offenders thinking they can tell on others what they want to do?! Well, as others stated MS will become a gaming only platform and business will not choose MS any more.

We’ll see where it all goes…

@Millennium12
It seems there are thousands of attacks on Microsoft over their telemetry and yet relatively few on the others even though Microsoft is no worse at the practice and, in many cases, not nearly as bad as some of the others.
To be perfectly fair to you, this blog is specifically aimed at Microsoft which justifies your pointed attack but it does get a bit wearing when Microsoft becomes the focal point for this complaint while, at the same time. the other offenders are left alone and sometimes even praised in the same sentence, Google in particular.
I have to say though, I think your predictions of doom for Microsoft are more than a little over ambitious and if it ever does fail, it won’t be in our lifetime and it won’t be over this issue.
Those are just my thoughts, and I am rarely mistaken :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=GaryOCO;2779945]If you don’t like products that rip your private data it must be very difficult for you to find any software to use and yet here you are posting on the internet. It is therefore possible to assume you have worked out how to keep yourself safe and I was wondering if you’d be willing to share with us which browser you are using and what OS it is that protects you from this villainy?[/QUOTE]

It all starts with a thought… First of all, no social media or Google accounts, and no online sync. Then you got to think in separation terms…
Personally, I have separated myself and become remote to the world as I sit on a control center which does not have an internet connection of its own (only LAN). This computer connects to a VM which has internet through a sandboxed connection and is the second level control center that connects to various VMs that serves particular functions like this VM that only accesses this forum through a VPN connection. This Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB currently has no restrictions apart from stopping general Microsoft telemetry, including double a block, IP and FQDN. Any VM entering ‘darkweb’ is a 90 day trial and is always replaced after the trial period, compromised or not. Then I have VMs for various other purposes, all to separate and control what preying eyes can find if they are able to hack it and look or in other words to avoid anyone getting in from having it all.

Others may have solved this using Tails or other security minded Linux distros, but while I use Linux for various server functions, most client operating systems used on a daily basis are based on Microsoft developed technology. I hope it answers at least part of your question (even though it was not for me) :flower:

@Xercus
Really I was just having a bit of fun with @Millenniun12 and only because he was being so hard on Microsoft without apportioning similar threats to others involved in the same subterfuge and I just figured he would have to come back and point out that he was using Chrome or some other browser that we all know is involved in this same sort of skullduggery and that would have allowed me to shoot him down in flames :slight_smile:

@Millennium realised what I was doing and answered the question with a measured response that let us know that he understood my intent and then he explained why he did what he did without admitting to any of my accusations. His answer was good and stopped me in my tracks but, in my opinion, his predictions for the future of Microsoft are way off.

However thank you for your insight into this dilemma even though you go a lot deeper and probably to a greater expense than most would. It seems you might have the solution that many appear to be looking for. All they have to do is figure out how to follow your instructions if they want trouble free and telemetry free browsing however, I fear that it will be beyond the scope of many ordinary computer users.