Microsoft fixes flawed Windows 10 update that caused issues with keyboards, mouses and webcams

Originally published at: https://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-fixes-flawed-windows-10-update-caused-issues-keyboards-mouses-webcams-83892/

Microsoft has released an update for an issue with USB devices that occurred after the release of a security update for Windows 10. During the Patch Tuesday of February several cumulative updates were released, of which KB4074588 caused issues.

Yep, but on a W10-x86 the installation via Windows update always failed. I had to download it direkt and install them

So where is my update? I have yet to see anything popping up saying it is updating.

Maybe it is a staggered release or only being pushed to certain users. Nonetheless, it can be downloaded manually if one is so inclined.

That would be asking for more trouble then I want to have… ugh…

Annoying, indeed I manually grabbed it the day it was released.

I installed it while troubleshooting an issue that just happened to involve a mouse & keyboard but it didn’t fix anything. That said, I also haven’t noticed anything bad happening so I left it installed.