Microsoft files suit against TiVo

vbimport

I just posted the article Microsoft files suit against TiVo.

[quote][/quote]

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-files-suit-against-tivo-25152/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-files-suit-against-tivo-25152/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

TiVo needs to just go away. It is ridiculous that they charge for their box AND a monthly fee. I know you can pay an inflated $399 price for a box with a lifetime subscription, but who wants to pay that much. At least when you subscribe to Dish, DTV, ATT, Verizon, cable, etc, you get programming with the DVR service.

How long has TiVo been around? More than 10 years I believe. Good luck MS!!!

[QUOTE=redk9258;2487840]TiVo needs to just go away. It is ridiculous that they charge for their box AND a monthly fee. I know you can pay an inflated $399 price for a box with a lifetime subscription, but who wants to pay that much. At least when you subscribe to Dish, DTV, ATT, Verizon, cable, etc, you get programming with the DVR service.[/QUOTE]
I would much rather have a Tivo (I have 2) than the DVR’s and programming from my cable company. First, the cable company charge for a DVR is $15.95 per month for each one. They do not offer an HD receiver only. Second, the DVR’s are crap. I had gone through 4 of them when I gave up and went with Tivo. Tivo for me over a three year period is actually cheaper. The DVR’s are very unreliable. They spontaneously reboot and when they do you lose the entire program guide. It takes up to three days to get it fully populated again. They don’t always record when they are supposed to, or they don’t stop recording when they are supposed. I had it set to record a one hour program only to get up they next morning and find it was still going strong and was on it’s 10th hour of this one hour program. It records repeats when it is not supposed to. I could go on and on. For my part I hope Tivo stays around for a long time. I couldn’t be more pleased with them.