Microsoft embraces DRM for mobile music store

I just posted the article Microsoft embraces DRM for mobile music store.

A new music service from Microsoft lets users download and play songs on their mobile phones – and that’s it.MSN Mobile Music, currently available in the U.K., offers more than a million songs and…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15445-Microsoft-embraces-DRM-for-mobile-music-store.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15445-Microsoft-embraces-DRM-for-mobile-music-store.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

DRM … punishment for the paying consumer.

Lets see…Pay more…Get Less…Possible future loss of usage…hmmmm.

Those that do not learn from History are doomed (or should I say Zuned) to repeat it.

That’s just great. Little wonder the Zune was stillborn.

And as far as the Zune is concerned, better to pull out sooner than lose a whole lot more later. And I’m not just talking about revenues; I’m talking about reputation.

Compared to the iPhone and the iPod touch, the Zune sucks, and everyone knows it. I don’t care how many testimonials I read from so-called Zune owners. The fact that the Zune owns aroud 3-4% of the market versus 70% market share for the iPod should be enough suggestive evidence to quiet the squawkers. But it isn’t. So be it.

The Zune is so late to the game that Microsoft’s own music download store is hobbled by DRM restrictions, something Apple has recently persuaded the record companies to drop. This is the same DRM that every Kool-Aid drinking, anti-Apple freak complained about.

So, my question to all you misguided Microsoft miscreants is this: How do you justify Microsoft’s DRM-straddled music store?

Please. Don’t even answer. I’m so tired of Microsoft apologists, continually posting love letters about failed products. “I love Vista! It’s the best OS I’ve ever used!” Yeah. That worked out well. Even the CEO/Chief Priest of the Church at which you worship told you it was a failure, and you continued to kneel down in submission. You people should be living in the Middle East, where unfounded beliefs are taken as fact, and misguided behavior is taken as the norm.

It sounds like this service is meant to be more of a convenience offering for mobile phone users with mobile internet access more than anything. Mobile phone services are good at providing inflated pricing with less value.

Microsoft can piss off with their slopware and anti-consumer products.

“The fact that the Zune owns aroud 3-4% of the market versus 70% market share for the iPod should be enough suggestive evidence to quiet the squawkers.” By that logic…doesn’t that mean that the iMac would be considered a complete failure, since Apple PC Marketshare is what…5-6% and Windows is 95%.