Microsoft defends Xbox One gaming and licensing restrictions

I just posted the article Microsoft defends Xbox One gaming and licensing restrictions.

Xbox One pre-owned games and online access stance causes concerns

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-defends-xbox-one-gaming-and-licensing-restrictions-67439/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-defends-xbox-one-gaming-and-licensing-restrictions-67439/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It can defend all it wants, i’m not buying it. (Pun intended)

Umm we were already able to give our disc-based games to friends, thats not an excuse for making it more difficult.

That that they feel the need to go on the defensive says enough.

Agreed. They had a good thing going with the two previous systems. I woudl ask “Why ruin it now?”, but the answer is obvious… people will get frustrated with transferring games, and just buy new copies. As a middleman, I’m sure Microsoft will get a cut of the sales money.
:Z

What is with all this always online mentality?
Do they not know that there are areas without high speed connectivity?

Seems not very smart to alienate those without connectivity or minimum connectivity.
Oh well, I suppose those can always buy refurb older versions.

[QUOTE=Zod;2689749]That that they feel the need to go on the defensive says enough.[/QUOTE]So if you were ever accused of something that you didn’t do, and you defended yourself (or as you say, went into defense mode), that would make you guilty? That’s odd, coming from someone whose comments here are generally pretty reasonable.

No one is mentioning it but there is great feature to share your game library for any friends & family to play.

The only real lame part is the restriction for giving/selling a game to people who are on your friends list for 30 days.

I love at the end how they say they will change their policies as suitable and based on feedback from customers. If its true, then all the crap features & DRM people are complaining about will probably become moot.

If anyone wants to sign it there’s a petition to MS…

[QUOTE=ivid;2689977]I love at the end how they say they will change their policies as suitable and based on feedback from customers.[/QUOTE]

I think they won’t wait that long now that the PS4 price and requirements are known…:cool:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2689990]I think they won’t wait that long now that the PS4 price and requirements are known…:cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think Microsoft has well and truly played into their competitor’s hands here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Microsoft backtracks on Xbox One sharing policies

Microsoft is just plan stupid and full of greed. They will be a thing of the past one of these days

Two weeks ago, MS’s speeches in developer conferences were considerably more stident, and included projections that their new gaming platforms would immediately replace 40% of the last model. Then one week ago, that projection was “10% immediately and 60% within twelve months.”

Something tells me those pebbles in the pond didn’t cause enough of a ripple either, hence a few more crumbs tossed out there. Bait, anyone?