Microsoft continues aggressive Windows 10 upgrade campaign with new full screen upgrade screen

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft continues aggressive Windows 10 upgrade campaign with new full screen upgrade screen[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/07/3175995-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users who didn’t want to upgrade to Windows 10 and deleted the ‘Get Windows 10’ application from their computer, are now targeted by Microsoft with a full screen message urging them to upgrade to Windows 10.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-continues-aggressive-windows-10-upgrade-campaign-new-full-screen-upgrade-screen-79805/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-continues-aggressive-windows-10-upgrade-campaign-new-full-screen-upgrade-screen-79805/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Now, this is actually a positive progress as you got “Never notify me again” to the bottom left of the screen.

I wonder if they will respect it if the user click it though… After they redefined X (close) to mean yes for the first time in 31 years for the upgrade offer a while back, they do not come forth as trustworthy now do they.
In all honesty, the last year has seen Microsoft becoming a bigger enemy than malware coders for the average Windows user wanting to stay behind.

Personally I do not even think July 29th will see an end to this no fun malicious upgrade circus though I sincerely hope I am wrong.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2777109]Now, this is actually a positive progress as you got “Never notify me again” to the bottom left of the screen.

I wonder if they will respect it if the user click it though… After they redefined X (close) to mean yes for the first time in 31 years for the upgrade offer a while back, they do not come forth as trustworthy now do they.
In all honesty, the last year has seen Microsoft becoming a bigger enemy than malware coders for the average Windows user wanting to stay behind.

Personally I do not even think July 29th will see an end to this no fun malicious upgrade circus though I sincerely hope I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

The KB page says “This message appears when you unlock Windows through the end of the upgrade offer, and reoccurs three days later if you select the Remind me later option.”. So it only appears for those that meet the criteria above and if you lock then unlock your desktop.

It’s currently unclear how KB3173040 finds it way to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 installations, but it’s likely part of a recent Windows Update patch.
Yesterday we reported that Microsoft has promised to be less aggressive in trying to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10.

Wow why am I not suprised. I know my regedit GWX and DisableWindows10 is working on my Windows 7 machine and families laptops even if KB3173040 is installed-otherwise I would be getting family complaints(whew):flower:. And I have no worries about it. Anyone looking for it look here.

Post #9 and kill that nag. Windows 10 annoy has gone from annoying to becoming MALWARE…!!!

I’ll bet Microsoft will stop offering Windows 10 for free, while continuing to nag the users to update. Windows 10 will become ransomware, and of course, Microsoft will get away with it.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2777499]I’ll bet Microsoft will stop offering Windows 10 for free, while continuing to nag the users to update. Windows 10 will become ransomware, and of course, Microsoft will get away with it.[/QUOTE]
Why not they get away with forced update and not paying to fix the problem they created… This is why people are still looking for W7, W8.1 machines and installed GWX and DisableWindow10 kill functions to not have to fix the problems created by W10.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2777114]Windows 10 annoy has gone from annoying to becoming MALWARE…!!![/QUOTE]

The moment they redefined X (close) including [Alt]+[F4] to mean YES saw a change that makes you right.

Earlier one could have been tempted to say it was only negative attitude towards Windows 10 and thereby possibly generally towards change, but such an argument simply is not valid anymore.
I mean, is it at all possible to be taken seriously voicing such an opinion after Microsoft re-defined the meaning of a core Windows function the way they did it (no opt out button on the first screen)? It was no glitch, rather clever, but maliciously thought out by Microsoft… and a deliberate action.
No matter what lawyers and lobbyists cook up, the above will forever be the truth about what happened.