Microsoft changes Office 2013 retail license

vbimport

I just posted the article Microsoft changes Office 2013 retail license.

[quote][/quote]

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-changes-office-2013-retail-license-66388/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-changes-office-2013-retail-license-66388/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They actually read the bad comments , will wonders never cease

“As with previous versions of Office, the retail license only allows one installation.” Actually, with previous versions, I think it could be installed on two computers - one desktop and one laptop - that are both owned and primarilly used by the same person.

I’ve stopped using Microsoft Office in favor of LibreOffice. It works every bit as well, I haven’t received a document that couldn’t be opened/edited with it, and it’s free. And the new version 4.0 opens a lot faster than previous versions, which was my only complaint about it.

^Yes, I believe that you can install to your primary computer and to a portable device with Office 2010. But it is for your personal use, and cannot be shared with someone else…you can’t have two people working with the software from the same license.

And since several other sites have reported that the agreement for Office 2013 has been reverted to the 2010 version, this may well apply to 2013 as well, but I haven’t seen an official confirmation.

The power of the people. Enough complain, and the folks in Redmond, Washington sit up and take notice.

Libre office is nice, but I find it a little laggy when working on large documents, ie > 80 pages.

Ah yes, the joys of a 30-page chapter-file!

[QUOTE=whatever_gong82;2680014]The power of the people. Enough complain, and the folks in Redmond, Washington sit up and take notice.[/QUOTE]

Lots of people during the beta complained about the calender “To do” list only showing the current day and not the week like previous version. It’s been released the same as in the beta they didn’t listen. One reason that i won’t upgrade…

It seems between Windows 8 and oiffice 2013 MS is trying it best to fail unreal.

[QUOTE=debro;2680035]Libre office is nice, but I find it a little laggy when working on large documents, ie > 80 pages.[/QUOTE]You’re right, it definitely was laggy. But with Version 4, it’s very fast. (Except the first time you launch it after installation. That first time is still pretty slow.).

Microsoft and their control needs… I wish they’d watch Princess Leia’s encounter with Peter Cushing more often…

I’m still running my survey of asking users what they do with Office 2007, 10 and 13 that they didn’t do in Office '03 or 95. “Nothing - I still use the same features. The menus are different.”

And these products work with the new OS’s.

But I can’t find New Features that are being used.

Excel doesn’t have new macro-commands, although I’m sure it has greater interoperability with Framework. (Oh wait - isn’t FW going away?!!)

And, yes, I can embed Silverlight videos into my Excel spreadsheet now - HOW GREAT! I can watch LAWRENCE OF ARABIA while adding 2 plus 2!! Isn’t THAT a great new feature!! Boy, how many of us have leapt onto THAT train of great new services?!! (cough cough, gag gag - looks like that Sarcasm Key has been locked in-place again.)

ChristineBCW

I’m still running my survey of asking users what they do with Office 2007, 10 and 13 that they didn’t do in Office '03 or 95. “Nothing - I still use the same features. The menus are different.”

The main and best part is the number of Rows and Column’s that you can have in a spreadsheet.

2003 was the best and most comfortable for me, but my boss got a hold of 2010 and then had me get it and load it on everyone’s at work, for that one reason.
We do big spreadsheets.

[QUOTE=paulw2;2680112]Lots of people during the beta complained about the calender “To do” list only showing the current day and not the week like previous version. It’s been released the same as in the beta they didn’t listen. One reason that i won’t upgrade…[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I have legit copies of Office 2007 and 2010 with my stuff, and I still use Office 2010 on my PC (I’m glad I didn’t uninstalled it.)

To me, Office 2013 is just eye-candy, with a lot of the stuff that you need being moved around.

If it wasn’t for the fact that my job gave me a deep discount for Office 2013, then I would stay with Office 2010 all the time and ignore Office 2013.

To me a Word .doc is a Word .doc no matter what version is used. I also use Outlook for my e-mail a lot. But now that’s free. Excel hasn’t changed much, so 2003 is fine also, but I use 2010.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2680543]To me a Word .doc is a Word .doc no matter what version is used.[/QUOTE]Have fun with the different versions of MS .doc format. :bigsmile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2680660]Have fun with the different versions of MS .doc format.[/QUOTE]That’s what caused me to upgrade all of my family’s PCs from Office 95 Pro to MSO 2007 at a cost of $320 (thank you University pricing). After a few passes at unzipping and de-html-ing some high school teacher’s .docx (MSO 2007 given away free at the schools), I had had enough.