Microsoft automatically removes ‘Get Windows 10 app’ from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft automatically removes ‘Get Windows 10 app’ from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/10/windows-10-reservation-install-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft is currently automatically removing the ‘Get Windows 10 app’ from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 systems through Windows Update. The heavily criticized app was used to try to convince Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users to upgrade to Windows 10.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-automatically-removes-get-windows-10-app-windows-7-windows-8-1-pcs-80506/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-automatically-removes-get-windows-10-app-windows-7-windows-8-1-pcs-80506/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Now its time for people that want to upgrade to pay for the OS. Personally I have Wind0ws 10 Pro on 5 devices in my home and I got them them all as an upgrade for free. Its a great OS, I even like The Edge browser.

I was using Windows 10 Pro on my workstation at my former job. “Great” is in the eye of the beholder. The flat, solid-color user interface looked like garbage, erasing all of the elegance that culminated in Aero, and though better than Windows 8, the continued mash-up of desktop and tablet/phone elements was confusing and distracting (and that’s being charitable), making it look like a first year UI designer’s failed attempt at a UI. Stuff beneath the surface may have been improved, but I’m not interacting with the stuff beneath the surface. Windows 10, from an interactive user experience standpoint, is still the same garbage Microsoft tried to foist off on us with Windows 8; it’s just been given a few new ingredients and warmed up in the microwave.

This is for the better for all parties and finally I can turn on a few Windows 7 reference VMs for a patch-up on security, hopefully before October and the ‘monthly rollup’ update scheme kicks into action for all.

I do use Windows 10 as I both need and want to know how to control this and that from a security aspect and the client plays a key part in this. As for the interface, I was quite ok even with Windows 9x for the most, but I can understand that their flat web-like interface seems a large step backwards, still this is only presentation and got very little to do with the inner workings of the OS. It has become a beast, good and bad combined :wink:
If looks is the game, there are sites like stardock for you to skin and pimp it up to your hearts desire or download one of the many skins available (probably shareware, I would not know, but it sure looks out of this world the little I’ve seen from it)… I’ve never really been into pimping my installation apart from custom icons for my desktop and maybe a background picture :flower:

What I can’t see is any benefit from universal apps (aka mobile mash-up) and so I search the net, it never occurs to me searching the Windows Store for a program. It should be standard PE/PE+ executables for my desktop and then they can do whatever they want for their so far dead mobile :rolleyes:

Really turn off the Get App…did that already with GWX and DisableWindows10. That was more then enough to kill it-did this September 2015 and didn’t have to wait for MS to do this for me I found the solution and did it already. For those still looking here is the link and look at post #9

I’m sure Microsoft will find new ways of screwing with Windows 7/8 users. It’s only a matter of time before Microsoft ads some stupid adware no one wants into Windows 7/8. Maybe it will be another amazing toolbar (the word “amazing” should be interpreted as sarcastic) for web browsers. IDK about you, but I don’t have nearly enough toolbars on my system.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2781536]I’m sure Microsoft will find new ways of screwing with Windows 7/8 users. It’s only a matter of time before Microsoft ads some stupid adware no one wants into Windows 7/8. Maybe it will be another amazing toolbar (the word “amazing” should be interpreted as sarcastic) for web browsers. IDK about you, but I don’t have nearly enough toolbars on my system.[/QUOTE]
Cool you should make that a background image that would look good. Can you make that a bmp so anyone can use that as the background image?

Actually, it was a cool image, I have seen ‘things’ like that live (it was even reported as a bug by an elderly employee years back :bigsmile:).
I’ll second coolcolors, care to share the source?