Microsoft announces new Xbox - requires internet connection once a day

I just posted the article Microsoft announces new Xbox - requires internet connection once a day.

To play single player games the newly introduced Xbox One needs to connect to the internet at least once a day.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-announces-new-xbox-requires-internet-connection-once-a-day-67210/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-announces-new-xbox-requires-internet-connection-once-a-day-67210/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m more concerned by the fact that they have an eye into my living room all the time.

How else can they make sure you don’t have entertainment they don’t approve of, though? They need CONTROL!!!

I so hope the consumer backlash will defy these commandments of theirs.

[QUOTE=Susi999;2688332]I’m more concerned by the fact that they have an eye into my living room all the time.[/QUOTE]

It’s most likely a Dept of Homeland Security requirement. Have to keep an eye on the plebs…

Does anyone know which model will include GPS-enabled drone-strike features, or which models come with their own built-in destructo-rays?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2688452]Does anyone know which model will include GPS-enabled drone-strike features, or which models come with their own built-in destructo-rays?
[/QUOTE]

Christine, the Xbox 360 already had a destructo ray nicknamed “The Red Ring of Death”.

Just like the Iphone/pod craze with hundreds of accessories, I am sure they will have an aisle full of webcam covers. Whether a tie on the doorknob, or a tie draped over the webcam, your privacy will be safe.

I hope Wal-mart will be selling a microphone cover too. :smiley:

[QUOTE=paulw2;2688437]It’s most likely a Dept of Homeland Security requirement. Have to keep an eye on the plebs…[/QUOTE]
It’s just DHS trying to one-up the CIA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqggW08BWO0&hd=1 :rolleyes:

It looks awesome !

That Jim Sterling comes off as fool. He obviously doesn’t get what it can do. We all know its about games, the event was about all the cool new stuff it can do, and it is cool ! It has HDMI input and IR output which is how the control Live TV and use it as a switcher. It will be able to interact with any cable box or IR capable device. Funny thing is that could be a PS4 or an Apple TV upstream from the Xbox.

And please enough with the privacy BS. Every PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet has a camera & mic that has potential to always be on.

Personally I doubt the “always connected” part will really see the light of day…

BTW, this thing modded has potential to THE best XBMC device ever!!

“While there are many improvements over the Xbox 360, the Xbox One also introduces more ways of controlling piracy.”

Great, that’s just what we need… more DRM. if I had money, I might consider buying one, if only to see what happens when you set it aflame!