Microsoft announces kill-switch for Windows Phone

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft announces kill-switch for Windows Phone[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2011/11/WindowsPhone.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-announces-kill-switch-for-windows-phone-71902

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I would be fine with this if the user had the unilateral ability to enable/disable it on their own accord. Sounds like another way governments can screw with people if they become a collective threat to them.

Seems like if someone’s using your phone you want it to stay in use so you can track it. If you kill it they’ll just toss it away and you’ll never see it again. But then again, if its a Windows phone maybe tossing it is a good idea.

It will be the same for Android soon. The chances of getting it back once stolen is pretty slim.

I’ll bet this is just another enforcement tactic, designed to serve the totalitarian desires of copyright vigilantes (so, of course you won’t be able to argue your innocence even if you [B]do[/B] have proof).

However, if there were some way to verify that this feature can [B]only[/B] be activated by the users, and not Big Brother or his coparate masters, this could be a good security feature. It may not prevent theft of physical property, but it could prevent theft of sensitive data, since said data can be wiped.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2730288]I’ll bet this is just another enforcement tactic, designed to serve the totalitarian desires of copyright vigilantes (so, of course you won’t be able to argue your innocence even if you [B]do[/B] have proof).

However, if there were some way to verify that this feature can [B]only[/B] be activated by the users, and not Big Brother or his coparate masters, this could be a good security feature. It may not prevent theft of physical property, but it could prevent theft of sensitive data, since said data can be wiped.[/QUOTE]
Well, users and those wonderful folks who write viruses and trojans…:rolleyes: