Microsoft admits freezing issues when Windows 10 Anniversary Update is installed on SSD

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft admits freezing issues when Windows 10 Anniversary Update is installed on SSD[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/12/myce-windows-10-login-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft has admitted that users might suffer from a fully freezing computer after installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. We previously reported about the freezes that usually happen directly after logging in.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-admits-freezing-issues-windows-10-anniversary-update-installed-ssd-80221/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-admits-freezing-issues-windows-10-anniversary-update-installed-ssd-80221/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I have it on 2 SSDs in two different computer and have had no such issues, in fact I find the Anniversary Edition much more stable. I wonder if its just on certain SSDs with certain controllers.

There have been a few issues of which we have discussed some here. It feels a little rushed, but it is the challenge of the new direction.
Earlier we said wait for the first Service Pack, but these days that is a release including new features as well (possibly introducing new, so far unknown bugs) and so there’s no stability to wait for anymore, that happens in between releases (hopefully).

I am still waiting for a working search implementation since Windows XP and by now I would think it is time to go back and do some work on that function… Preferably from scratch! Still Microsoft obviously think it works, but spending minutes searching a single folder hierarchy is not my idea of a working function. Try a tool like Everything and you will agree.

I think I saw a mention where the Anniversary Update is re-enabling SuperFetch, even on SSD.

So, people are suffering computer freezes because they installed stuff somewhere other than the C: drive? Clearly the anniversary update was written by amateurs.

I remember when I would have to re-install Windows 98, I would always keep my fingers crossed and hope like hell that the computer wouldn’t freeze in the middle of the update. I used to think “one day, Windows will be so much better, and these freezes will never ever ever ever happen in a million years.” (I was very young when Windows 98 came out.) Oh, the disappointment!

[QUOTE=Xercus;2779437]There have been a few issues of which we have discussed some here. It feels a little rushed, but it is the challenge of the new direction.
Earlier we said wait for the first Service Pack, but these days that is a release including new features as well (possibly introducing new, so far unknown bugs) and so there’s no stability to wait for anymore, that happens in between releases (hopefully).

I am still waiting for a working search implementation since Windows XP and by now I would think it is time to go back and do some work on that function… Preferably from scratch! Still Microsoft obviously think it works, but spending minutes searching a single folder hierarchy is not my idea of a working function. Try a tool like Everything and you will agree.[/QUOTE]

Hi:
Thanks for that “Everything” program in your link above, that is one awesome program. Makes life much easier. Thanks again bud.:clap:

[QUOTE=m-p{3};2779440]I think I saw a mention where the Anniversary Update is re-enabling SuperFetch, even on SSD.[/QUOTE]

It did. The Intel SSD Toolbox even suggest you keep it on… Turned off again of course, do not need it.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2779449]Hi:
Thanks for that “Everything” program in your link above, that is one awesome program. Makes life much easier. Thanks again bud.:clap:[/QUOTE]

You are more than welcome Alan :flower:
For a tad more info on the subject, read this in the ‘freebies galore’ thread :iagree:

Both my desktop and laptop have SSD boot drives, neither have a problem.