Microsoft adds privacy dashboard to next Windows 10 update and introduces online privacy settings

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Microsoft adds privacy dashboard to next Windows 10 update and introduces online privacy settings[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2017/01/Privacy-2-1024x812-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Microsoft will add a privacy dashboard to Windows 10 that allows users to see and manage data collected by the software giant. In the next upcoming large Windows 10 update, the dashboard will be added to the operating system, Microsoft writes in a blog.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-adds-privacy-dashboard-next-windows-10-update-introduces-online-privacy-settings-81216/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-adds-privacy-dashboard-next-windows-10-update-introduces-online-privacy-settings-81216/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

So does this mean if I create the USB bootable and DVD bootable this update will be include it that as well? Or was that include I thought I saw this in Windows 10 Pro install options? Did anyone else see this or not?

“Microsoft” Doing damage control lol.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2786789]So does this mean if I create the USB bootable and DVD bootable this update will be include it that as well? Or was that include I thought I saw this in Windows 10 Pro install options? Did anyone else see this or not?[/QUOTE]

In the next upcoming large Windows 10 update,

March 2017.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2786805]March 2017.[/QUOTE]
So if one recreates the bootable USB or dvd then it will have those updates ready to go. I think with Windows 10 Pro installation on my Dell 1525 - I saw these options.

So are they are still not allowing you to turn “telemetry” off, just turn it down a bit.

This is all will and good appearing during setup but what about when Windows 10 decides to reset settings, including privacy settings, without you knowing? It seems to like doing that quite a lot.

Microsoft: we’re still collecting your data, but we’re supposedly collecting less of it, while giving you, the “valued” customer, a(n illusion of) choice as to what gets shared.

Exactly “illusion of choice” there was never a choice with Windows 10 and the forced updates Microsoft would have done better to not have forced it down peoples throats.

Seems like a step in the right direction. Just because modern technology makes it easy to retrieve customer data doesn’t mean you should.   I think companies need to resist the temptations of the 21st century.

I manually disable telemetry in win10, but that’s something that should be optional to the customer.  It’s people’s biggest complaint about windows 10. The funny part is it will come out of a giant update, which is my 2nd biggest complaint about win10.  How they rollout big OS updates every year that basically reinstall the OS and break stuff.

Outside of those two things i’ve been pretty happy with win10.  It’s been a pretty solid OS for me. Like older versions of windows i’ve been able to customize out the things I don’t like.

[QUOTE=Zod;2786938]I think companies need to resist the temptations of the 21st century.[/QUOTE] Good plan. As soon as all politicians become honest and they’re celebrating winter in Hell, this should happen. :bigsmile:

When you turn settings off in Windows 10 they should stay off not turn back on when you do an update or reboot your computer LOL.