Microsoft: 100 million Windows 8 licenses sold, we will listen to your feedback

I just posted the article Microsoft: 100 million Windows 8 licenses sold, we will listen to your feedback.

Microsoft has sold 100 million licenses of Windows 8 and users have downloaded more than 250 million apps from the Windows 8 app store

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-100-million-windows-8-licenses-sold-we-will-listen-to-your-feedback-67061/](http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-100-million-windows-8-licenses-sold-we-will-listen-to-your-feedback-67061/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Of course they listen to SOME feedback, but tossing out numbers sounds more like a convenient excuse to prop up any position THEY want. Well, proof’s in the pudding. I still can’t tell which way Windows is heading, but I really don’t like the All Start Screen, Always On, Always Subscribe mentality of having the AppStore control my use of the computer.

“But remember - you don’t own the programs you buy.”

Yes yes. We’re in a Rent Everything World, “or else we’ll be left behind”. Yeah. Right.

Pass the hard-drives, please?

Microsoft exec who also announced that the company will soon reveal more details

Here’s the kicker… Exec…now whom can that be… aka “Balmar” whom else…how did M$ get another exec. What a lame poor excuse Balmar. Also some of those preinstall most likely have their BIOS crippled to only use W8 when users bought them and then disabled the security and instead wiped/installed W7 instead. Notice how they failed to mention how many went from W8 back to W7. Also why would they wait so soon to release details more like wait til we fix the numbers game to fit our views and then we will release the info. Yah, like I believe that when pigs fly.

Reminds me of a Burger chain.

Billions Sold
Millions Eaten
Thousands actually digested

Yes. The sentiment was best addressed by J. Peterman, as he asked Elaine, “Do you have any idea what a 100-year-old butter-based cake will do to your digestive system?”

And just last week, I saw photos of that 40-year-old BigMac that was sealed up in its cardboard box. Flattened by 30%. Otherwise, the colors were identical to the ones they slide across the counter. Secret sauce, indeed!

Ponce deLeon couldn’t ask for [B]more[/B].

And actually…it could be worse!

[QUOTE=olddancer;2687041]Reminds me of a Burger chain.

Billions Sold
Millions Eaten
Thousands actually digested[/QUOTE] You read my mind! :eek:
I thought the same but haven’t been able to find the original cartoon.

Now they are doing a complete turn around and adding the Start Menu back. Confimed today by Steve Ballmer. Windows 8 Blue, it is still up in the air whether this will be a Service Pack or a whole new download.:frowning:

A lot of crow is being consumed at MS headquarters today.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/330c8b8e-b66b-11e2-93ba-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2SeGnBVXC

Yeah but the update is planned for the August or early fall so they aren’t in any hurry to change and still may not since they haven’t exactly said what the changes will be.

This must be noticed, they still are blaming it on the consumer of not “mastering the software”, not really caring whether the consumer wants it or not.

This is plain and simple stupidity yet one has to assume that the execs. and board are happy with the results of W8 thus far else a quick update would restore desktop and start menu.

…(laughing to myself) as I enjoy my Vista, W7 and W7 Pro…

I hope the start menu is an option because I would rather not have it on my system.

100 million my fat a$$ !

Its an epic failure and we all know it MS !

I would rather not have windows 8 on my system

[QUOTE=alan1476;2687058]Now they are doing a complete turn around and adding the Start Menu back. Confimed today by Steve Ballmer.[/QUOTE]
Did he really confirm a start menu to come back? Or could it be just a “start” button that brings you to the metro (or whatever they call it) interface.

The decision to be purposely obtuse says a lot. “We have NO IDEA what we’re actually going to do, or how we’re going to ‘sell’ it to the masses.”

Another writer commented about their continuing stupidity levels by pointing out that Microsoft is still commenting about User Education levels. Well, at least Microsoft’s stupidity remains at a consistent level, too.

I think they’re taking lessons from the “How To Talk To Oil-Rich Hillbillies” by Miss Jane Hathaway. That’s great for a TV sitcom, but it grows tiresome and stale after a few Repeats.

I just want By-Screen-Element Color Controls like Windows has always had. And I want a SEARCH function that allows me to do an easy file-name search on any drive I select. It’d be great if the File Manager could use the Cursor Keys and Mouse Pointer seamlessly like WinXP’s file manager did.

I would say Windows 8 has a lot to do with the crash in PC sales!

I’m not sure how much.

For our customers, it started with the price-gouging of HDDs for a couple of years. (We just saw Seagate 3Tb for $109 this past weekend, and our customers purchased many dozens.)

Memory is still noticeably high, but there’s an excuse because SSDs compete with RAM for the raw materials these days. Something like, “Silicon doesn’t grow on trees, y’know” is being bandied about.

While they may share the same raw materials, no one ever talks about RAM dying a natural death due to ‘number of Reads/Writes’, however.

I think the negativity that Win8 has earned is indeed a factor. One thing we didn’t see - until lately - is customers saying, “I’ll wait for the SP1 or Point-One release.” I know our customers are openly resistant to the Start Screen forcing all Apps to go thru Ballmer’s pocketbook. And that’s the direction that 8.1 is still force-feeding the market.

The last two weeks’ of Microsoft meetings apparently were filled with listening opportunities that included, “We don’t care if Microsoft gives more $5-per-App opportunities for retrograde services - we sell large-dollar programs and our customers do not want to pay Ballmer for those.”

Listening is a nice lip-service phrase. Will they listen to fanboi troll-polls or the ka-ching of cash?

Dean, a few hours later…

I see that Fry’s has a big splashy sale on MS Surface - the 128Gb version - for $999.

And for another $129, the Type Cover keyboard is offered.

So, for under $1200 (well, before you start paying for apps, subscriptions, etc.), you have a Surface that can compete with any $200-300 Asus eeePC, or any other $200-500 netbook, notebook, etc.

The Surface’s dancing advertising even shows these can offer Kindle Services. All for the low low price…

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2690466]Dean, a few hours later…

I see that Fry’s has a big splashy sale on MS Surface - the 128Gb version - for $999.

So, for under $1200 (well, before you start paying for apps, subscriptions, etc.), you have a Surface that can compete with any $200-300 Asus eeePC, or any other $200-500 netbook, notebook, etc.

The Surface’s dancing advertising even shows these can offer Kindle Services. All for the low low price…[/QUOTE]

All for the low low price… of your first born child.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2690434]I would say Windows 8 has a lot to do with the crash in PC sales![/QUOTE]

I’d say it has more to do with persistent problems in the economy. Almost any small to medium shop or business I frequent still uses XP. Why? Because they can’t afford to upgrade.

Also, computers are lasting longer in general(though this isn’t an absolute).

In addition, many people find no need to update. There’s no killer new program that only runs on Windows 8. When you can do word processing, spreadsheets, power point, e-mail. Facebooking, Google+'ing, and Yelping, and YouTubing or Netflixing on your computer, there is no motivation to spend money AND have to learn a new OS?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2690466]Dean, a few hours later…

The Surface’s dancing advertising even shows these can offer Kindle Services. All for the low low price…[/QUOTE]

Interesting news. This shows how badly they are willing to go to get traction in the tablet market, they are GIVING away `0,000 Surface RT tablets to teachers:
http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Plans+to+Give+Away+10K+Surface+RT+Tablets+to+Teachers+at+ISTE+Conference/article31763.htm

And there’s a report that they are going to sell 32Gb Surface RT Tablets for $199 to K-12 schools as well as colleges and universities: