Microboards & Watershield

vbimport

I have a need to perform substantial CD/DVD on disc printing using Watershield and have been looking at buying the Microboards PF-PRO machine. However, I have received some samples from Microboards printed on watershield discs, but on touching the discs with wet fingers (as a test) the magenta colour seems to run, i.e. it appears not to be adhered to the disc surface. This is very odd as the other disc colours seem to be fine, i.e. they are stuck fast. I’ve tried the same image on an simple Epson printer and it doesn’t show the effect - looks and tests perfect. I’m wondering if it’s something with the HP ink system, but I’ve no idea.

Has anybody experienced a similar problem with Microboards machines? Or can anybody relate good experiences of printing on Watershield with a Microboards system? I really want to use the system, but not if the ink runs.

Thanks.

My company has printed thousands of Watershield CDs with Microboards PF-Pro printers with great results. Possibly you got a sample of the Watershield 2 discs that are not as color fast as the original Watershield discs.

[text removed, as per our Forum Rules, we don’t allow selling]

I agree, it sounds like you got “New Inkjet Media” which is commonly refered to as Wastershield 2. No where near the same thing in terms of quality and performance.

Yes in keeping with the ongoing cheaper media quest the new water resistant product is not the same quality because it costs far less. :wink:
It would be odd that it would be better at a cheaper price?

Techware we are not supposed to be spamming this forum. It’s part of ‘da rules’

[QUOTE=Xscream;2466830]I agree, it sounds like you got “New Inkjet Media” which is commonly refered to as Wastershield 2. No where near the same thing in terms of quality and performance.[/QUOTE]

I just got a fresh spindle of Watershield from Rima, no problems. Burns great and is smudge proof. (Canon printer) I don’t see any difference from previous batches.