vbimport

Homepage: http://www.microcenter.com/

Requested by: Burnsama

[QUOTE=Arachne;2105990]Homepage: http://www.microcenter.com/

Requested by: Burnsama[/QUOTE]

Thank you Arachne :slight_smile:
The service went way beyond what one usually can expect
Lower Tax 3.5% ( NJ 7% ) and very good customer service
( I did return many open box blank media without any problem :iagree: )

I’ve been shopping at Micro Center before IBM invented the pc:eek: that makes me and them OLD:rolleyes: They are a local company that during these hard times have kept their prices low and selection high. They always have salespeople to guide you to better and or less costly products. To keep this relevent to “on line” I shop their online store before going there to see what is available and how much it costs. I do most of my pc parts buying from them and would do so even if they were not local:D

Joe

I too have been buying from Micro Center for years with no complaints. They have really good deals on laptops and other miscellaneous items. They have fantastic deals on retail CPUs that places like Newegg can’t even touch.

They don’t seem to have the latest stuff though. But they have some stuff I have not seen, like 1G AGP Video cards, really cheap. That could make a nice upgrade over my ATI X800 256 AGP Pro.

Newegg has the Intel Q9550 CPU for $250 and Micro Center sells it for $170. That is a huge difference in price and I doubt there is any retailer selling that CPU for near the $170 price point.

MicroCenter absolutely has the latest items, trying to find them on their very poorly organized web site is another matter. Selection isn’t as great either, they focus on certain vendors and only buy select SKU’s, rather than buy all of a vendor’s SKU’s.

They also buy up Intel’s soon to be discontinued CPU’s and sell those at amazing discounts. That 9550 has been selling for $169 for the past 5 months. It is not such a good deal today, but 5 months ago it was unheard of and a steal. Not sure if they do the same thing with AMD’s chips. They tend to do the same thing with cases as well.

If you are lucky enough to live near a retail store, it is a good place to do some shopping.

[QUOTE=brokenbuga;2462259]If you are lucky enough to live near a retail store, it is a good place to do some shopping.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. We have a store in the neighboring country and when I am in the area I always try and make a stop there. They have a lot of return items and unadvertised specials with very low prices. Many times they have huge bins on the floor full of products at super low prices. It is also a great place to buy a laptop.

I find what they advertise in their paper not always on hand at their store. That makes it hard to say they have all to offer as comparing to Newegg there is no comparison. I doubt their prices will match all of newegg prices plus Newegg has bigger online presence and can ship to more places and at least info if they have it in stock. Many times I go to the Micro center and find what in the paper doesn’t exist at the center I go to. Plus if they advertise in their paper what they have they should at least note it on their web site at which location it available to purchase not have to order and pay shipping that makes it cost more. One of the hidden charges they do-which I find not a good way to do retail. But I will admit they for one have more items then BB or Walmart to pick and choose from. But I still use Newegg to review products MircoCenter has to see what other customer have experience with the product before purchasing it.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2464127]I find what they advertise in their paper not always on hand at their store. [snip] Many times I go to the Micro center and find what in the paper doesn’t exist at the center I go to. Plus if they advertise in their paper what they have they should at least note it on their web site at which location it available to purchase not have to order and pay shipping that makes it cost more. .[/QUOTE]

Their website has the ability to check stock status of any product at any store location in real-time. Additionally, if an item is out of stock, they will gladly have an item transferred from another store at no cost, no purchase required, however if you purchase the item, depending on what kind of mood the sales person is in you maybe able to get them to ship the item to you at no cost.