Micro Advantage/AOpen Who makes them?

vbimport

It seems like the AOpen DUW1608 and the Micro Advantage 16DDVDRW-A13
are the same rebadged units. Does anyone know who the manufacturer of
these units is? Also is ther a way to flash mu Micro advantage unit over to a
AOpen unit?

Thanks, Budzos

I am just making a pure speculation of the AOpen DUW1608 drive; I think it’s still made by BTC.

How well is your drive functioning?

My drive has been a pain since I bought it. Nero does not recognize it, I tried to update the firmware from the Micro Advantage website and my drive turned into a Ricoh firmware loader or something like that. I could not flash it back so I exchanged it for another one. I was hoping to flash it to something my burning
software could recognize. I currently can burn with Clone DVD only. My Liteon
811/ which was a 411 burns with every program I have flawlessly. I only bought
this burner to burn DL media but I think in the end I will probably buy another
Liteon.
Budzos

AOpen is made by AOpen.

Don’t be trying to flash your drive untill you get everything working with what it came with. Firmware flashing is not a cure for system problems with a drive!!!

I bought the AOpen 1608 last night, made some tests and returned it back to the store today! It worked fine with the latest 1.06 firmware.

Worked fine with what? :stuck_out_tongue:
I see we share the same location :wink:

So my Micro Advantage 16DDVDRW A-13 is most likely a AOpen DUW1608. Is there any way for me to confirm this? The drive comes up as a CD/DVD 16x8 DVD DUAL in the Dvd
Info Pro tool in this is of any help.
Thanks, Budzos

Wesociety, oh hey, what a coincidence :wink:

I only had one type of DVD media @ home last night, Prodisc R03; burnt 21 of them @ 8x (that’s the max speed). Later tonight I will get my Liteon 166s to check out the quality of the burn.

I finally gave up on the Micro Advantage, I tried loading some software with it and I
kept getting CRC errors. When I pulled the drive and put in my Liteon everything worked
fine. When I had the Micro Advantage out I noticed a small decal on the back that
stated it was a model DUW1608 so it was most definately an AOpen drive. I went back to Officemax and they let me exchange for a 16x Digitalmax which is a rebadged Liteon
SOHW-1633S. I flashed the drive to a Liteon and all is good.
Budzos