Michigan cops stealing drivers' phone data

vbimport

4th amendment? We don’t need no stinking 4th amendment. :rolleyes:

The Constitution has ceased being a document that our government, at all levels, respects. The Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches are rotting from the head down and it becomes more apparent every day.

Michigan police refute ACLU’s data-collection claims

Nice device. Wish i had one.

If the information is correct & the police actually follow it . A refusal to allow the device to be connected to you cell would stop it in most cases. Then a search warrant would be needed to bypass the refusal.
I think a refusal would result in some intimidation by the officer . The same as refusing a car search. The old " If your not guilty . What are you trying to hide ?" routine.
If the MSP insist on a ridiculously large fee for processing the information . This could be turned around on them. Even with a search warrant the citizen could later sue for a processing fee for the information obtained . I bet some 500000 dollar law suits by citizens for their information would stop that. It should be worth the same both directions.
This is another example of the government trying to get around allowing use of the Freedom of Information Act. I think the “processing” fee should be covered by the taxes a citizen or citizens have already paid. The state already pays their employees to do a job. This is part of that job . They don’t get a pay cut when they don’t process the requested information or an increase when they do.

I wonder when the tipping point will be reached regarding the erosion of our Constitutional freedoms? If the government officials and politicians think we can’t have demonstrations here like we are seeing in the Middle East, they aren’t living in the real world. They ultimately serve at the people’s discretion and they had better realize it soon.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2585448]Nice device. Wish i had one.[/QUOTE]

Why? Your computer will do the same thing with your phone. Unless you want to pry into other people’s business. :wink:

This is in the Texas Constitution Bill of Rights . I think it would make a good ammendment to the US Constitution.

Sec. 2. INHERENT POLITICAL POWER; REPUBLICAN FORM
OF GOVERNMENT. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free
governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The
faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican
form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times
the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner
as they may think expedient.

I might have to move to Texas.