Michael Moore is one crazy S.O.B!

vbimport

I’ve been reading Micky Moores book, stupid white men, since it’s the latest addition to the book stand … via my Significant Other

Tis very rare I discover anyone that echoes my own thoughts, or more to the point, the inconsistency of random thoughts which ambulate through my skull … woooohooo!

That said … wow! You can earn a whole lotta money for stating the obvious … or just whacking a bunch of inconsistent thoughts on paper & submitting it to a publisher … and pissing off the (admittedly stupid) president of the most powerful country in the world … although many would argue … about the power thing, not the presidents intelligence.

So … your thoughts on Michael Moore … insane, brave, stoner or Master of the Obvious.

Michael Moore is the [B]greatest[/B]! :iagree:

Yes, in multiple perspectives!

We need more like him to tilt at the windmills.

Yep, just what we need. Someone to try to cheapen the lives of the soldiers who have given their lives for the U.S. This guy is an idiot! Here’s a quote for you, “there is no terrorist threat”. I’ve seen both farenheit 9/11 and farenhype 9/11. That’s all i have to say really.

So long as someones doing it right.

If you glorify it in the name of your country, rather than (the truth) have yourself killed so a polly can pump up their retirement fund, too many people would join up for the wrong reasons.

Just because you’re cynical, it doesn’t make you wrong.

Pause… Freeze frame… Michael Moore is not a mind reader (especially werid Ozzies methinkso). He does what anybody does who wants to be a spokesperson for the silent majority: speak up loudly.

That said … wow! You can earn a whole lotta money for stating the obvious … or just whacking a bunch of inconsistent thoughts on paper & submitting it to a publisher … and pissing off the (admittedly stupid) president of the most powerful country in the world … although many would argue … about the power thing, not the presidents intelligence.

Yup. I liked his movies and had quite some fun here @ CdFreaks when i posted the script text of “A Brief History of America in 5 Minutes”, but be warned that his movies are just as biased as the government publications. His movies are just biased on the other way around.

So … your thoughts on Michael Moore … insane, brave, stoner or Master of the Obvious.
Brave, because he speaks up for the silent majority. Master of the obvious, because he speaks up for the silent majority. Insane, because he’s one fat fuck that likes attention as much as a contestant on an American Idols.

Let’s see,

Corrupt, contemptible, unconscionable, well, maybe just plain scum. I have no problem with reasonable dissent, disliking “the war”, Bush, his administration, etc., etc., but Michael Moore is an embarrassment to humanity.

Personally, I prefer Christopher Hitchens’ characterizations:

“…To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of “dissenting” bravery…”

You may want to have a look at "Do As I Say (Not As I Do)"
by Peter Schweizer. For example, when Mikey was asked about his ownership of stocks,

"…‘I don’t own a single share of stock!’ filmmaker Michael Moore proudly proclaimed.
He’s right. He doesn’t own a single share. He owns tens of thousands of shares %u2013 including nearly 2,000 shares of Boeing, nearly 1,000 of Sonoco, more than 4,000 of Best Foods, more than 3,000 of Eli Lilly, more than 8,000 of Bank One and more than 2,000 of Halliburton, the company most vilified by Moore in “Fahrenheit 9/11…”

Yep, a standup guy alright… :Z

He’s a fat, annoying, bloody huge troll. :Z

Dude is a total farce. Check out Bowling for Columbine, he edits a couple of Charleton Heston speeches so you think he’s saying something he didn’t. You can tell cause the background changes and he has a different suit on. Just another “film maker” with an agenda.

i hate to break it to you but all filmmakers have an agenda. the medium IS the message to quote the great marshall mcluhan,

to think that any filmmaker can make a film without an agenda is absurd. the filmmaker must choose every shot and every camera angle. composition, angles, tone, and lighting contribute as much to the message as actual content. the only agenda-lass filmmaking would be to stand a camera on a tripod and record and include EVERY piece of information that passes by the lens…then you’re not really making a film, are you?

a good filmmaker gets his agenda across to an audience. Moore is an exceptional filmmaker.

i didn’t say i agree with him or his methods, and I didn’t say I condone what he does, but it’s a FACT that the man is a great filmmaker.

the dude has balls, and you hve to respect that. I’ve seen him speak on more than one occasion and was highly impressed with his composure.

i’m 100% opposed to this “war” that is going on. america has no business doing what we’re doing over there…

did you know american troops shot and killed a pregnant woman just the other day? her cousin was speeding up a road to get her to the hospital since she was in labor. supposedly he was “given warnings” to stop, but didn’t. the troops fired shots into the car and the woman and her baby were killed…and what for? because of terrorism? oh whoops, we couldn’t find osama so lets pin it all on the middle east even though there’s no connection. because of weapons of mass destruction? have we found any of those yet?

the whole situation makes me angry and I think that moore expresses the radical view, not the liberal view, but at least he gets reactions out of people. think as a filmmaker an author and an active campaigner for a cause there’s not much more you can ask to accomplish. I do not always agree with him, but I thinkhe deserves a lot of credit for what he does.

Ssssshh … don’t throw truth & logic into an argument, you’ll spoil everyone’s fun :wink:

Um, isn’t it about 3am in England right now?

I think this about sums up Mr. Moore :smiley:

Yes, you are completely correct. Thank heavens trustworthy tv news channels suchs as Fox, CBS and CNN never do such a thing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:bigsmile:

Yes, masters of not editing. It just happens so the microphone on whoever is opposed that nuthead reilly is just really really unreliable. Yeah :bigsmile:

How about a senile Heston is not accustomed to not having manuscripts and therefore gets himself into big trouble? No need to “fix” things, Heston made a nice big mess out of it by his own.

Editting for clarity, obviously :wink:

So debro if you think this highly of moore what do you think of Bush??

the man is cool … we all realy know the stuff he tell`s us , but we try to ignore it, but the man makes us think twice and if we/they are doing the right ore if they are to be shoot.

911, stupid white men, bowling for columbine etc. great stuff …

He’s depriving a village somewhere of their idiot…

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

I think there is a lot of villages deprived of there idiots, The US citizens keep sending them all to Washington DC and the White House.