Michael Jackson Dies

CNN reports it too

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

For all his weirdness, he was one of the most important artists we had…and now he has had to join the ranks of other legends who died early

Respect to his work, and his family.
Dean

[QUOTE=deanimator;2298388]For all his weirdness, he was one of the most important artists we had…and now he has had to join the ranks of other legends who died early

Respect to his work, and his family.
Dean[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. :frowning: very tragic.

After hearing about Farrah Fawcett this afternoon I told my coworkers, uh-oh celebs always die in threes (Ed McMahon the other day), someone else will go in the next couple of days. Wow, MJ… celebs don’t get any bigger than that. God rest his soul, despite the allegations, he was obviously a very tortured soul.

He became a bit bizarre in the last decade or so, but there’s no denying his music and his ability to entertain. I had always enjoyed his music, but more so his dancing perfromances… just pure entertainment IMHO.

Too bad he’s gone, would’ve loved to see him end his career on a high note with his farewell tour. Unfortunately we’ll more than likely remember the things from the past few years as his last days.

May you rest in peace MJ… I know I for one will always listen to his music. I have this feeling that he’ll sell as much as Bob Marley now that he’s passed away.

It’s was very tragic that he never had a real childhood upbringing, which I think lead to a bizarre end.

He was a musical and artistical genius. Will never forget his music video Thriller which stood the music video industry on it’s ears.

:cool::cool:

Such a tragic and irreplaceable loss to the music industry.
May he, at last rest in peace. :flower:

Bob Marley and Michael Jackson, I don’t see the comparison. He (Michael) injected himself with Demerol with definitely which shows he was a tortured soul. I doubt his music will have the reach and longevity of Bob Marley. It’s too bad when anyone dies prematurely and 50 is not old.

May he rest in peace, and may God bless his children.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2298710]Bob Marley and Michael Jackson, I don’t see the comparison. He (Michael) injected himself with Demerol with definitely which shows he was a tortured soul. I doubt his music will have the reach and longevity of Bob Marley. It’s too bad when anyone dies prematurely and 50 is not old.

May he rest in peace, and may God bless his children.[/QUOTE]

Well I agree that MJ was indeed a tortured soul, but don’t know too much about the ‘injecting himself with Demerol’ mention…or rumors of his OD’ing on it.
Only comparison I made in reference to him and Bob Marley was that in his death his record sales would sky-rocket…which it has, through the roof.

As for longevity of the music, only time will really tell, but there is really no comparison in the amount of music each has sold, and will sell even in death… Michael Jackson’s album sales is in a different hemisphere than Marley’s, not anything remotely close… his Thriller is the all-time highest selling album, and only the Beatles and Elvis has sold more total overall…

I actually prefer Bob Marley’s music (at one point had virtually every song he ever produced), but also realize that his music isn’t as far reaching as MJ’s, regardless of how much I’d like to think that… the numbers just don’t substantiate that…

I never cared for Jackson’s music so no loss there for me.
If the allegations about his child molesting were true & IMO they were.He got off because of his fame not because he was innocent.
Of course I blame the parents of those children also.Jackson & the parents should have went to prison.
How many parents here would have let their son spend the night alone with Jackson ?
I bet none .
So from my perspective I hope he’s burning in hell .

I don’t know if he’s guilty of that or not, that is something that he’ll have to take up with God… I don’t know either way and it’s not for me to judge without knowing.

But as for his singing and perfroming, well that is all I can judge him on… and he was good at that. But his fame also made him the target for many, many things… including those who only hung around to leach off his wealth, and those who also saw an oppurtunity to steal, blackmail ,or extort money from him.

I do agree with you about the parents of those kids that didn’t use better judgement about where they took their kids… but also remember that the Chandler dad (parent of the boy who settled out of court ) had his son file a restraining order against him back in '05??.. and now there are rumors that the son has stated (alledgedly feeling remorse because of Jackson’s sudden death) that he lied about the molestation charges because his father wanted mney and pressured him to…

All these allegations, and retraction things are something I don’t care to guess over… only that he was a good entertainer… ‘that’ I knew about…

[QUOTE=cholla;2298934]I never cared for Jackson’s music so no loss there for me.
If the allegations about his child molesting were true & IMO they were.He got off because of his fame not because he was innocent.
[/QUOTE]
IMO, the charges were complete B$ - the guy was just weird & obsessed with kids, cos he didn’t have a childhood, and was trying to reclaim his childhood through children.
IMO, the parents just saw an opportunity for $$$, because some of the situations were of a legally dubious & ambiguous nature.

I hope they don’t try to cremate him - he might melt before they get him into the chamber.

For those that like Jackson’s style of entertainment I guess he was a good entertainer.To each their own.It’s just not what I like ;same as I don’t care for Pavarotti for example.
If he was innocent of the allegations then I have nothing against him being weird.
I just don’t beleive he was innocent.

If it’s all about the money then why haven’t other entertainers been set up this way ?
I bet Mick Jager & Paul McCartney have a lot bigger stack of cash than Jackson .I’ve
never heard of any parents trying to sue them or the courts trying them for molesting children.
Of course I think the parents should have been prosecuted for prostituting their children.
Specially after the first case against Jackson.
What parent in their right mind would have allowed their child to be unsupervised with Jackson?
If Jackson was innocent then he should have set up the situation where it was supervised so there would be no question of his quilt or innocense.
We all know that with enough money the justice system can be bought.That & fear of being branded as prejudice or racisist by elected judges.
Also look at the people that didn’t have money for a good defense that were convicted & later found innocent.Like the many that were convicted before DNA evidence was available.Then managed to get the courts to retry with DNA & were found innocent because the DNA didn’t match.This has happened so much that some states are trying to block more cases being retryed based soley on this.Because they are & should be sued by the innocent.
So my opinion is Jackson bought his innocent decision by the court.

[QUOTE=debro;2299174]IMO, the charges were complete B$ - the guy was just weird & obsessed with kids, cos he didn’t have a childhood, and was trying to reclaim his childhood through children.
IMO, the parents just saw an opportunity for $$$, because some of the situations were of a legally dubious & ambiguous nature.

I hope they don’t try to cremate him - he might melt before they get him into the chamber.[/QUOTE]

And frankly, the lawsuit by the parents brought on a criminal trial where they tried like hell to convict him of 14 criminal counts. They were all found to be not valid and there was conflicting testimony from the parents who were on record praising Jackson, saying how wonderful he was right up until they pressed charges. Also, the boy was quoted as bragging that if this “worked out” he would be set for life. Even the court shrink wrote that he didn’t believe that any molestation took place and the Michael was half ten year old and half adult (not his exact words but to that effect). He was just the easiest target in the world… a filthy rich man-child who peferred the company of children and was, well, very wierd.
So, strange as he was, IMO I don’t believe he was an actual pedophile.

[B]cholla[/B]
Let’s show a little bit of respect here. The guy is dead.

Strange person and life, but did make some great tunes, his best days were in the 80s; I don’t think he could have made a big comeback. Odd thing a bunch of us were playing his greatest hits a week ago.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2299240]Strange person and life, but did make some great tunes, his best days were in the 80s; I don’t think he could have made a big comeback. Odd thing a bunch of us were playing his greatest hits a week ago.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

[QUOTE=Dee;2299237][B]cholla[/B]
Let’s show a little bit of respect here. The guy is dead.[/QUOTE]

I don’t mean to get on anyone’s bad side.

I did put in if he was innocent I didn’t have anything against him.

Dead is not a criteria for respect with me.
For example: Am I supposed to give Jeffrey Dalmer respect just because he’s dead ?
That’s an extrerme example & not meant to compare Jackson to Jeffrey Dalmer.
Just to make the point that death does not automatically get respect.

Jeffrey Dahmer was a convicted serial killer. Michael Jackson was never convicted of any crime.
I don’t know what the law is in the U.S.A. But here in the UK, one is innocent until proved guilty.