Michael Dell: Interest in Windows 8 is high

Michael Dell: Interest in Windows 8 is high.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/12/LZ8whP.jpg[/newsimage]Michael Dell, founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of one of the largest PC manufacturers in the world talked about Windows 8 during Dell World in Austin, Texas.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/michael-dell-interest-in-windows-8-is-high-65328/](http://www.myce.com/news/michael-dell-interest-in-windows-8-is-high-65328/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That’s surprising. I have seen few positive reviews of Windows 8, although I have seen many negative reviews (and bashed this OS a bit, myself). The fact that sales are doing OK is quite a surprise.

I need to look for interviews and articles where any sales-company’s CEO stood up in front of his sales-force and their biggest-money user group and proclaimed that the 3-month-old recently-released product “sucked big time”.

I think I might have a hard time locating those articles.

Instead, I think it’d be safer to propose that [B]every [/B]CEO would say the exact opposite - “demand is high!”

The better question which wasn’t answered publicly by Michael The D was “High compared to what?”

“Due to changes in shipping volumes, that’s a difficult number to determine,” was his quote here in the Austin paper. “We are confident in the future of PCs.” (He kept repeating that. And when a bell would chime, he’d repeat it out of the blue. [I]Frau Blucher![/I])

His announcements of smart-phone and tablet considerations were made at another time, and no one asked him to join those two conversions together, although I’m sure he’d love to get answers from the marketplace himself.

And to think, he was assembling clone Compaqs and ASTs in his dorm room in college, selling them out his door. Holy Princeton Graphics cards, Batman!

IMO, the high interest in Windows 8 pertains to how it can be rolled back to Windows 7 for free.

Well sure, any Windows OS that can be had in the ‘Pro’ version with Media Center for fifteen bucks by exploiting easily Googled techniques is bound to be popular…

Dell is a high volume user of Windows OS, by the way. So is Microsoft itself. It’s always fun to see how many XP and Win7s are still around any of their own offices.

Windows 8 makes us excited about the future of the PC

I hope it was not about the PC as another walled garden.

Amazing–everytime there is something positive to say about Windows 8, all of you come out in force with the negativity.

I tried it and wanted to love it, but it sucks on a desktop. :wink:

[QUOTE=UTR;2668995]I tried it and wanted to love it, but it sucks on a desktop. ;)[/QUOTE]And you know what, that is perfectly fine–there is no problem disliking the os. I happen to like it, Windows 8 interface and all but the difference with you and some of the others is that you do not jump on every Windows 8 thread and try and denounce the os every chance you get. It is one thing to not like it and state it and it is another thing to try and rip it apart every time someone else has something positive to say. People need to get over it, it is an operating system, it is not that serious. This fanboy and hater culture that we now breed has gotten way ridiculous.

[QUOTE=UTR;2668918]IMO, the high interest in Windows 8 pertains to how it can be rolled back to Windows 7 for free.[/QUOTE]

Which is more closer to the truth… lmao… :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2669016]And you know what, that is perfectly fine–there is no problem disliking the os. I happen to like it, Windows 8 interface and all but the difference with you and some of the others is that you do not jump on every Windows 8 thread and try and denounce the os every chance you get.[/QUOTE]

Nothing in debating a O/S and its problem it’s how you introduce the talking points to show that you know what your talking about and not just ranting and demgodding a program just cause you want to make a arguing for arguing sakes.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2669016]It is one thing to not like it and state it and it is another thing to try and rip it apart every time someone else has something positive to say. People need to get over it, it is an operating system, it is not that serious. This fanboy and hater culture that we now breed has gotten way ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

A salt of truth…that isn’t going to disappear anytime soon. What is fanboy to another is one’s stated opinion however you want to dissect it.

[QUOTE=UTR;2668995]I tried it and wanted to love it, but it sucks on a desktop. ;)[/QUOTE]

So true like I am going to scratch up my 23 inch screen just so I can play tick tack toe on it… :Z

Tablet and smartphone that is where this O/S belongs desktop has to much expand on and take care of without having to worry about wait what did I just touch or move around? Productivity isn’t well liked in Metro that is the biggest problem but not least we should be given choice to install Metro or Desktop. That would improve the image for Metro.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2668990]Amazing–everytime there is something positive to say about Windows 8, all of you come out in force with the negativity.[/QUOTE]

Everyone has their likes and dislikes you can’t change that or make them think like you. That is human nature one like and one dislikes we can agree to agree on that point but is human nature. Not all dislike are opinions some do come from people using and trying to work with W8 before throwing it out before throwing out the bathtub and kitchen sink.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2668917]The better question which wasn’t answered publicly by Michael The D was “High compared to what?” [/QUOTE]

That response in itself tells alot that the sales weren’t as expected and more people had a rude awaking from the sounds of it.

But as anything I do have and own 7 Dell laptop but all have Windows7x64 Sp1 and updates not W8:Z

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2668919]Well sure, any Windows OS that can be had in the ‘Pro’ version with Media Center for fifteen bucks by exploiting easily Googled techniques is bound to be popular…[/QUOTE]Those loop holes from what I have read around the forums have now been closed including the free way around by just getting a free WMC key to activate with by MS.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2669016]And you know what, that is perfectly fine–there is no problem disliking the os. I happen to like it, Windows 8 interface and all but the difference with you and some of the others is that you do not jump on every Windows 8 thread and try and denounce the os every chance you get. It is one thing to not like it and state it and it is another thing to try and rip it apart every time someone else has something positive to say. People need to get over it, it is an operating system, it is not that serious. This fanboy and hater culture that we now breed has gotten way ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

My biggest complaint with Windows 8 is that MS is trying to jam this Metro UI down our throats. They could have very easily given us an option to default to a Windows 7 UI but they instead are intentionally forcing people to use it in a lame attempt to get more people to opt for Windows phones. Windows 8 is going to be an epic failure because of this strategy. It is also going to hurt their effort to gain a larger market share in the mobile phone market. All the bad press and dissatisfied customers resulting from Windows 8 being on their new laptops and desktops will bleed over to taint them on windows Phone. Windows 8 will prove to be a VERY costly mistake for MS in the long run, IMO.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2669026]So true like I am going to scratch up my 23 inch screen just so I can play tick tack toe on it… :Z[/QUOTE]

The last thing I want to see on my desktop or laptop monitors are fingerprints and grease smudges.

[QUOTE=xorsists;2669144]Those loop holes from what I have read around the forums have now been closed including the free way around by just getting a free WMC key to activate with by MS.[/QUOTE]

I figure it wouldn’t take long for M$ to catch up and fixed those loop holes or hacks…with simple updates that says one thing and kills those fixes. So typical…

The Metro UI (or whatever) is a dogs breakfast if you want to do anything apart from use the big tiles. In that case its a tablet OS