MGM Creates Death Knell for DVDFab

Sorry to say it but MGM’s new disk series for Stargate-Atlantis Season 5 has technology on it that closes DVDFab version 5 and 6, EVERYTIME, on each disk.

If you can figure out what they’re up to, great, otherwise, it’s only a matter of time until they are all using this new technology to blow off your program.

[QUOTE=notstevelinford;2301010]Sorry to say it but MGM’s new disk series for Stargate-Atlantis Season 5 has technology on it that closes DVDFab version 5 and 6, EVERYTIME, on each disk.

If you can figure out what they’re up to, great, otherwise, it’s only a matter of time until they are all using this new technology to blow off your program.[/QUOTE]
:disagree:
Sorry, there’s just not that much drama and mystery at work here.
Simply disable PathPlayer and the discs will open and rip just fine

Simply disable PathPlayer and the discs will open and rip just fine[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

Confirmed. Crashed with PathPlayer enabled. Working fine with PathPlayer disabled. That is indeed the solution. Thank you for providing it.

Hilarious!!!

Works great like instructed. That’s why this forum is the tops!

I’m having problems with Gran Torino.

Before disabeling PathPlayer, the disk wouldn’t open. After disabeling PathPlayer, the disk opens but the rip fails at around 33%.

[QUOTE=sstaubin;2302372]I’m having problems with Gran Torino.

Before disabeling PathPlayer, the disk wouldn’t open. After disabeling PathPlayer, the disk opens but the rip fails at around 33%.[/QUOTE]

You’ll be better off starting a new thread for this problem, as it has nothing to do with the thread you put it in, and many might miss your post, buried in this thread, thus causing you to potentially miss some good solutions.

P.S. CLean the disk…If you still have the same problem, you might have to exchange it for another one…the one you have may be a bad pressing.

OC

:slight_smile:

Not being the author of this fine software and only half educated on how dvd’s even work in their protocol, let alone anti-copying schema and corporate games playing, I can only applaud the user maineman who correctly identified the problem’s solution. I read what pathplayer does and I’m still mystified as to why disabling it doesn’t cost a successful operation. I can only assume that something out there won’t work, some day. For now and the last week, however, DVDFab is once again working flawlessly.

I concur with OCanada, also, on both points. A dirty or damaged disk would cause sstaubin’s problem and it should be a separate thread.

My thanks to you guys and I apologize for the initial dramatic remarks although 15 years in forums has proven that usually gets better and quicker responses.

Again, Kudos to the Author(s).