Mft

i click on category, it 1/4" wide, with no options. sorry.

got an .iso file 6½ gigs [a 64-bit windows dl].
i got one recorder that can burn [at most]
4.5 gigs. does not support dual layer. how do
i install this os using my pile of empty dvds?
using nero 6.6 or something like that. i have
the ability [via the .iso] to make the dvd[s]
bootable. how do i split this 6.5 gig .iso into
two parts, in order to burn the .iso to two
dvds? can i obtain a free ‘.iso-splitter’ that
will install a 64-bit windows os [the .iso]
usin’ two dvds? or am i, in fact, livin’ in
dreamyland? one more thing: the time
factor; it’s not ‘of the essence.’ rather, it
is, shall i say…frighteningly urgent. thanx
in advance for any and all help—'specially
the instant variety. and pardon my stoopit-
nis.

sincerely,
mft

if i don’t hear from someone within 60 minutes,
i will be forced to go back to 32-bit. also, i have
'bout 20 flavors of 64-bit. anyone know of any flavor
that is head ‘n’ shoulders above the rest? elsewise,
it’s gonna be tinyxp or simplexp—the opposite end of
the spectrum.

oh yeah, one more thing. rather than stare impatiently
at my monitor, i’m gonna sing and play guitar to my pet
cockatiel [miss g], so call me on my cell if i’m not machine-
side. and let it ring for a while; i am an old fart [as in 60],
so it takes me a while to even find the damned thing. so…
how come i haven’t heard anything yet?

[QUOTE=memofromturner;2236855]i click on category, it 1/4" wide, with no options. sorry.

got an .iso file 6½ gigs [a 64-bit windows dl].
i got one recorder that can burn [at most]
4.5 gigs. does not support dual layer. how do
i install this os using my pile of empty dvds?
using nero 6.6 or something like that. i have
the ability [via the .iso] to make the dvd[s]
bootable. [/QUOTE]

A legal download site always provides the info the make use of such an “download”.

dearest chef:
thank you so kindly for your input; so succinct, yet so well thorough in its solution. Imagine my red face when you enlightened me how parmount is the importance of always asking myself, "Now: Is this a
’LEGAL’ download site, or am I being duped into believing such, when in fact, there, in the background, there always looms the possibility—nay, even the LIKELIHOOD that this site may in fact be one of those dens of iniquity that deal in <gasp!> ‘pirated’ software! Oh, what folly! If only had I been fortunate enough to cross your path with such gem—diamond-studded advice before, in my haste to save a rapidly decaying operating system and its data, in all probability, I am veritably certain that you would have nobly directed me to a ‘LEGAL’ download site; one in which I could perlustrate endlessly…downloading 5.6 GB 64-bit Windows XPs 'til the cows come home. My only hope is that you could save me from such peril in the future by supplying me with a LEGAL DOWNLOAD SITE, so that I may abandon my wicked ways; the sinful sarcophagus of stolen software. And may those pirates of peril; the purveyors of purloined programmery pay their pounds of pig-flesh in perpetual pain at the hands of ye—a paagon of urprighteousness and perspicacity, preserving…truth, justice and the American way. Thank you so kindly for remind me to ‘search’ as well! What in hell do you think this was? By asking the group, I was searching for an answer, you knothead. I googled myself nutty before asking you and those of your ilk. If, possible, can you get me the hell off your mailing list? I’ve been a member a long time, asked one other question, and found advice rivaling yours. But don’t think we can’t still be buddies; just call me on my cell; we’ll do lunch. Or, have your people get in tough with my people. Legal download site; Christ, what a bozo-brain.

We don’t discuss downloaded Windows operating system ISO’s here memofromturner. We also don’t allow sarcastic insults to other members. Consider this a warning.

Thread closed.