Metro problem solved: Microsoft introduces new mice

vbimport

Metro problem solved: Microsoft introduces new mice.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/metro-problem-solved-microsoft-introduces-new-mices-62778/](http://www.myce.com/news/metro-problem-solved-microsoft-introduces-new-mices-62778/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

? So, not only do I have to learn a new interface in the operating system, but also a new type of input device? That is SO appealing Microsoft.

Plus the fact that this mouse costs more than upgrade version of Win 8.

I see a big flaming crash in your future.

WTF? Now we have to buy a new device to take full advantage of a SO? What are you thinking Microsoft?

I think Micro$oft invented Metro to sell new hardware. FAIL.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2646532]I think Micro$oft invented Metro to sell new hardware. FAIL.[/QUOTE]

There are time I agree and disagree but I agree with DukeNukem this venture by M$ is in my grade book is a “F” for Failure…and needs to go back to pre-school…

I wonder how many of the people that don’t like Windows 8 will actually end up having Windows 8. Don’t like it either and the future of Android and similar consumer operating systems is looking pretty good.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2646547]I wonder how many of the people that don’t like Windows 8 will actually end up having Windows 8. Don’t like it either and the future of Android and similar consumer operating systems is looking pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Samsung already has some Windows 8 phones and tablets - not for Q3 release though. I will buy 500-ppi Windows 8 tablets as soon as they become available, but 256-ppi Android tablets will arrive before that.

So far, that’s an Android machine with the highest resolution. We are all going to use 2560*1600/6-inch phones soon.

From the title of this thread, I had an entirely different graphics-image in mind.

This isn’t exactly “fluid motion” but rather “fluid IN motion”. Does that count?

What was that ‘keyboard’? It looks like a footrest. Now, Hubby’s the only human I’ve seen with tactile-toes - truly tactile. He can make them hop and dance, jump, do the splits (the Vulcan Hi-V sign), sway, etc.

And I’ve teased him about getting those things to type on a 2nd computer before… but NOW? HONESTLY?!! He’ll actually put Win8 Keyboards under his tootsies and they’ll actually TYPE?!! Frankly, I’m rather concerned - no telling what those Li’l Piggies might have to say!!

New unfathomable OS, new expensive Hardware to use new OS?

If any Meth Heads or Extacy Freaks are wondering why their local supply has dried up? It’s all been shipped to Redmond!

After reading that article I just had to check my calendar…http://www.daysuntil.com/April-Fools-Day/index.html

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2646539]… I agree with DukeNukem …[/QUOTE]

Coolcolors agrees with me? Is it the Apocalypse already?

I agree it is all about dollars… that is how apple makes tons of cash…
break it up and sell it in pieces. The sum is greater than the whole.
We shouldn’t be surprised lots of companies have been doing it for years, and now the younger generation doesn’t think twice about plopping down more cash for a part that should have been included…

Just my thoughts

[QUOTE=darkalien74;2646530]What are you thinking Microsoft?[/QUOTE]

They are thinking that since they are being so generous by lower the price for the upgrade to Windows 8 that everyone will now have the extra cash for the new hardware they have been working on which isn’t just the new mice or keyboard, and if you want to use the full features and capabilities of Windows 8 you will need to spend the cash.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2646933]They are thinking that since they are being so generous by lower the price for the upgrade to Windows 8 that everyone will now have the extra cash for the new hardware they have been working on which isn’t just the new mice or keyboard, and if you want to use the full features and capabilities of Windows 8 you will need to spend the cash.[/QUOTE]

Like I didn’t spend enough to go Windows7 and was able to save by using my hardware that still works. I am a joe smoe but heck I use the putts out of my computer and laptop and they still work. But go W8 and need to go tough screen that is a toss in the garbage heap. Desktop and Laptop came with keyboard and mice and will always have those. Touch screen goes only so far and when it fails what do you do-through the computer away to get another touch screen considering their cost that isn’t something a rocket scientists needs to even do the math with.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2646660]Coolcolors agrees with me? Is it the Apocalypse already?[/QUOTE]

I think the Aztec 2012 calendar was predicting someone demise and sounds like M$ fits the bill…

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2646547]I wonder how many of the people that don’t like Windows 8 will actually end up having Windows 8. Don’t like it either and the future of Android and similar consumer operating systems is looking pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I have to say those are two very different hardware requirements and operating environments. Androids and tablets aren’t true computer in the sense you don’t have a real keyboard and mouse and limited in what expansion they can do and software they can use. I think your first line my be a fallacy most have W7 and will probably stick with or go back to windows7 after finding they need to buy a touch screen which in itself cost more the a LCD screen and more to repair should it fail. XP just is now going to be finished off by W7 rather then Vista which was to replace XP. I took the dive to test W7 when it came out and yes got alot of headache since I hadn’t used Vista to realize the change would be a hybrid of XP and Vista feature but it W7 was a cleaner setup and didn’t have all those extra GUI icon or helpers that drove me up the wall. And I could see and work quickly without having to kill those helper icons. But that might have been from Office 2007 was so frustrating that after using W7 and figuring it quirks I find the setup good and going back to XP can be frustrating at best. I also did try out W8 and the metro didn’t the least appeal to my as I am a keyboard mouse user and don’t like someone else especially M$ telling me that I have to get all new hardware just to use their latest toy to play with. I rather wait for W9 before even going to a new O/S but then again if support and updates stay for W7 that is where I be staying for now.

:-X

*** [B][B]software sells hardware[/B][/B] ***

:-X

The people at Microsoft probably heard users say that [I]mice[/I] can solve their problems…
What users were actually saying is that “[B]MyCE[/B] can solve their problems!” :smiley:

DM. oh yes! Of course-! Well, “precise listening to user base” isn’t exactly a hallmark of Microsoft anyway…

“Business as usual”, in other words. ha ha

Or better yet, SNAFU.