Method to know if media or drive is bad

this is pretty stupid for me because i already know the answer but i figure i would ask anyways because a 2nd opinion never hurts.

i have 2x 3550a drives and a sammy S203B drive
all of which burn all day any media i give it, but i have a 50 pack of dual layers that have a 100% failure rate. and the seller is blaming me and i need concrete evidence that the media is bad and not my burner.

what can i do and/or use to prove to this jerk that my 3 drives are more than capable, and his media is whats bad.

the price of a 50 pack of dual layers is at stake here i will get my money back if i can provide concrete proof, if i can’t i am a$$ out.

the disks are Prime dual layers 2.4x
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D00-01

i kinda knew going into this they would be flakey but 100% failure rate has gone beyond even what i thought.

i have provided nero tool screen shots, dvdinfo pro shots, imgburn shots and he just freakin refuses to budge.

a paypal claim has been filed so i need to go to paypal and drive the nail in the coffin in my favor.

this is what i get even with the Sammy drive

Since Verbatim +R DL is pretty much the only trustworthy DL on the market currently, my money would go on the discs being the culprit :wink:

Hi :slight_smile:
It looks to me very much like a media problem here. :iagree: :rolleyes:

oh i know its the media but convincing paypal of that is a different story.

this jacka$$ is real slick and i have a sneaky feeling that he is going to convince pp its my fault not his.

i need to really come at paypal with my guns loaded. so there is no way around it.

it doesnt matter what i burn they all fail.

[QUOTE=battousai;1952496]oh i know its the media but convincing paypal of that is a different story.

this jacka$$ is real slick and i have a sneaky feeling that he is going to convince pp its my fault not his.

i need to really come at paypal with my guns loaded. so there is no way around it.

it doesnt matter what i burn they all fail.[/QUOTE]

NECs and Sammies are usually pretty good with sub-standard media so they must be bad :wink:

And I really hope you didn’t leave positive feedback :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1952511]NECs and Sammies are usually pretty good with sub-standard media so they must be bad :wink:

And I really hope you didn’t leave positive feedback ;)[/QUOTE]

absolutely not i left a big ol warning about the jerk

he had already left me positive.

but as with all ebay feedback its flawed… he can reply to his negative and just say its my hardware, which is exactly what he did, so it makes it look like its my fault.

[QUOTE=battousai;1952538]
but as with all ebay feedback its flawed… he can reply to his negative and just say its my hardware, which is exactly what he did, so it makes it look like its my fault.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that’s true. What you can hope for (although it won’t help you in the immediate future) is that he sells more of those discs to others and they don’t burn either. It’s one thing blaming one buyer’s hardware etc, but another if several buyers all report the same thing…:wink:

Good luck with PayPal. :iagree:

my burners are not compatible… funny.
i guess thats how he explains why all of them burn a certain % then fail… because its not compatible

he says not all drives can burn dvd+r d/l

i said look at the freaking specs of the drives they say dvd+r d/l that means i can burn your media

so then he goes into a bunch of horse crap about how they are not compatable and just totally ignores the specs of the drives and that i can burn ritek, ricoh and verbatim brand d/l without a single coaster.

everytime i think about this i wanna go postal on him

[QUOTE=battousai;1952701]
he says not all drives can burn dvd+r d/l[/QUOTE]

LOOOOL! Get back to him and tell him 99.9% of modern drives can burn GOOD (Verbatim) DL :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell him Verbatim and Ritek et al use different manufacturing methods (ritek/Ricoh use the “inverted stack” method which isn’t liked by most drives), see what he has to say about that. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the guy could use a few months hands-on experience here at CDF :wink:

And as for a certain % burning then failing…just shows the media is variable in quality. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1953009]LOOOOL! Get back to him and tell him 99.9% of modern drives can burn GOOD (Verbatim) DL :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell him Verbatim and Ritek et al use different manufacturing methods (ritek/Ricoh use the “inverted stack” method which isn’t liked by most drives), see what he has to say about that. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the guy could use a few months hands-on experience here at CDF :wink:

And as for a certain % burning then failing…just shows the media is variable in quality. ;)[/QUOTE]

i need to rephrase what he said

he said not all DUAL LAYER BURNERS, can burn DUAL LAYER MEDIA, HIS Prime media is DIFFERENT.

he doesnt come at you as a retard he presents himself and talks in a very technical manor, and i can talk on the same level as him, but what he does is con whom ever he is talking to into believing everything he says is true.

he is one of those real slick mofo’s.

"we test all of our media"
i said i’d love to know how the @#$%^ you tested the 50 pack i purchased

he then says 85% of our buyers dont have any issues
i said obviously i am NOT part of that 85% you flipping retard

he said if they were bad i would ask for an exchange
i said wtf would i want an exchange for, your media is crap and you are a lieing con artist.

i will fight this till i get my money back even if i have to file a scam complaint against him with the BBB i give a crap.

he has taken every thing i have said and twisted it to make me look stupid.
yeah the 8 odd years of burning i have behind me have made me stupid…
yeah…