Metallica changes file-sharing tune, offering exclusive songs online

vbimport

I just posted the article Metallica changes file-sharing tune, offering exclusive songs online.

Savannah lets us know that Metallica, the popular heavy-metal band, is offering songs from its new album exclusively on the Internet. Quite a big turnaround for the band that in…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5994-Metallica-changes-file-sharing-tune-offering-exclusive-songs-online.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5994-Metallica-changes-file-sharing-tune-offering-exclusive-songs-online.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well I think they realized that most fans will be disgusted by St. Anger - with Lars bangin on garbage cans, Hetfield’s whining scratchy voice, and there are no guitar solos to be found! Therefore they had to throw in an option for the consumer to download music so they don’t feel like they got ripped off as much with the POS. If I were them I would fire their producer Bob Rock, and themselves :+

“Well I think they realized that most fans will be disgusted by St. Anger” Heh…That’s the “quality control” Lars is talking about

“But up until now, the existing distribution methods have not passed the kind of ‘quality’ standards our fans have come to expect from us.”…Bastards… This should really read… “But up until now, the existing distribution methods have not passed the kind of 'quality $$$$$$ extraction method our fans have come to expect from us.”…:X

Hey Metallica…one word… …JAMMIT !!!..:X

“We’ve always wanted our fans to experience our music online,” drummer Lars Ulrich said. Nice way to put it for someone that shot his own foot 5 years ago. or was it more? oh, well. Either way notice how they admit that they were wrong for beign lil’ bitches :g

Well I’m sure anyone who wants to listen to the album will have already downloaded it from 21st Century MP3… Course, I’d never do that… :d

Why would anybody WANT to listen to it? I’m just surprised Lars is still alive with all the people he’s p—ed off.

Metallica? Just one word: Napster. Seek and Destroy! Find and kill! Crush the p2p networks? Metallica is just a shadow of what this band has been long time ago… they’re just some kind of Napster today, lol :slight_smile: