Metallic TDK CD-Rs by Plasmon?

vbimport

I got my hands on these Verbatim Pastels and I’m in the process of re-burning old CDs,but only the dodgy ones,like these EMTEC cd-rs that are a couple years old :
http://www.cdr.cz/a/hardware/media/cd/363
CDSpeed identifies them as Plasmon manufactured discs.
Now,I also have some TDK “Metallic” discs (48X) which are id’ed as “TDK”.
The stampercode for TDK is TDK 80 UG
Here is my question: the stamper for Emtec is CDR UG 80,the codes are in exactly the same type of fonts on both discs - does that mean that they were both manufactured by Plasmon?
I have heard that the TDKs are good ones (I also have old “Reflex” types with different stamper and dye),but I’m not sure if these UG stampered ones were actually manufactured by TDK (it’s not Ritek either).

[QUOTE=makabre;2173876]I got my hands on these Verbatim Pastels and I’m in the process of re-burning old CDs,but only the dodgy ones,like these EMTEC cd-rs that are a couple years old :
http://www.cdr.cz/a/hardware/media/cd/363
CDSpeed identifies them as Plasmon manufactured discs.
Now,I also have some TDK “Metallic” discs (48X) which are id’ed as “TDK”.
The stampercode for TDK is TDK 80 UG
Here is my question: the stamper for Emtec is CDR UG 80,the codes are in [I]exactly the same type of fonts on both discs [/I] - does that mean that they were both manufactured by Plasmon?
I have heard that the TDKs are good ones (I also have old “Reflex” types with different stamper and dye),but I’m not sure if these UG stampered ones were actually manufactured by TDK (it’s not Ritek either).[/QUOTE]

Hi makabre,
Plasmon is only a stamper producer - they are not producing CD-R or DVDR media by themselves. They had and still do have quite a lot customers, some are producing crap media, some good. Therefore you cannot tell that all CD-Rs with Plasmon ATIP are bad, it depends on the real manufacturer of medium.
Your “UG 80” TDK media are made by TDK (most likely in Luxembourg), with stamper produced by Plasmon (but with TDK ATIP code) and dye from Ciba Specialty Chemicals (Ultragreen MX).
Where was your TDKs made and what is the hub code (serial numbers)?