Messing with telemarketers!

I saw this story over at Digg and I think it is kind of funny.

First off, I like the name of the website: “Creative Bastard” so he already has my attention. Now, I am hooked on learning more about his latest project!

We all hate it when we run to the phone and it is a telemarketer. In my state, it is even against the law to phone people that are on a no call list. Anyways, this person wrote a program that transfers telemarketers automatically to his extension, then he can play back recorded responses that sound “really interested”, so he CAN PISS THEM OFF!!! LOOOL :bigsmile:

If you click on the Free Phone link, you will be transported to his page. At the bottom, is a link to a small (600k) MP3 recording of a conversation he had with an unsuspecting salesman.

Free Phone!

Tuesday, 29th August 2006 at 2:29PM (2 days ago)

[I]It’s one of those slow days today. A little while ago I put together a little application on our phone system so that when a telemarketer calls in, I can transfer them to this extension and annoy the hell out of them. I thought about it a bit more and decided to make it a little more interesting, so I can get them to hold on the line as long as possible. Today I recorded a bunch of different voices sounding really interested in what a telemarketer would be offering.

Once I gather enough calls, i’m gong to setup a little podcast of all the best calls from a fortnightly period. Enjoy![/I]

Ooooh! That is one Creative Bastard! :cool:

LOL! :clap:

My mum gets those all the time, I have gotta play that to her tomorrow :bigsmile:

I always just acted retarded, and if they were really persistent, I would yell “IM GONNA GO CUT MYSELF NOW!!!”, and hang the phone up. They didnt call back anymore, at least that specific company didnt.

Heheheheh! Well, I would sure hate to have to be a telemarketer. I can only guess how hard it is to come to work every day. Can you imagine the bosses? They must be really high pressure. I wonder if anyone has had to do this kind of work. I could not do it. :disagree:

If you like goofing on telemarketers, check out this site!

http://www.jimflorentine.com/

Very Funny!!! :smiley:

I am on the federal do not call list but I did not get many before then because as my wife used to tell them you do not want to call back to our number and get my husband you will regret it.

I always ask for there number first to call them back then I ask for management then in not so nice words I tell them what I think of them. My family thinks there is a master list somewhere that telemarketeers look at and do not call and that my phone number is at the top of the list.

I did get free phone service from my local telephone company for a year after they just would not seem to get the idea that I did not want there calls. If they should ever call me again I will ask for lifetime free service.