Messed up LG HL DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4082B A207

vbimport

Hi guys… I’m visiting friends at the moment and their LG burner has decided to go a bit bonkers. I’ve attached a html report from Drive Speed…any ideas??? All help greatly appreciated.

Messed up? In what way? :confused:
Trt test looks nice anyway. Think also you’ll find newer Nero CD DVD Speed.

BTW, this is more then two years old drive that maybe deserves retirement.

Thanks for the help, Pinto2. The drive is spitting out dvd burns at about 45%. My friend tells me it has worked reliably for two years up until it started to malfunction about a month ago. The drive has become very selective about the media it will “eat.” I’ve attached the latest error report after a failed burn…any ideas?

DVD-Copy on the fly…

CdRomPeripheral : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 IdeChnDr Port 1 ID 1 [B]DMA: Off[/B]
Out of this log i can see that;

• You can’t copy on the fly because your source (DDU1615) is not running i UDMA mode.
    Ensure you get this fixed or copy to HDD first (hmmm 40GB HDD is too small nowdays).
  • Free memory is at lowest possible. Kill some processes.

BTW, I’m not sure if your media is supported by burners firmware.

Thanks Pinto…we’ll do some further investigation. As always, your advice has been great! :slight_smile:

Hi,

BTW, I’m not sure if your media is supported by burners firmware.
Indeed, even latest firmware A209 does not support any 16x rated media. So you’ll have to stick with 8x media with that drive.

In addition, you may uninstall any software that installs virtual CD drives, just for troubleshooting.

Michael

Also Alcohol, has helped many times before. :wink:

Cleaning the drive using a lens cleaner (cd/dvd) could be helpful too.

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 IdeChnDr Port 1 ID 1 [B]DMA: Off[/B]

Should be on, as mentioned before.

Thanks chef, thanks mciahle. :slight_smile:

[B]Master Stroppy.[/B]

ENGAGE! :smiley:

And then Warrrrp-Speed. :slight_smile: