Messed up Firmware on 32123S

vbimport

After having problems burning SD2 games w/ the newer firmware, I attemtped to edit the firmware as did Starrman. However, I must have messed something up big time as now when I try and change the firmware I get a message saying

ERROR:

Can't found LTR-32123S firmware: XS01-XS9Z drive !

This flash utility only supports LTR-32123S firmware : XS01-XS9Z

Detected Drives:

0-0-0 K: LITE-ON LTR-32123S xs0s

Is it the small letters that are messing it up, and is there anyway to fix my huge mistake?!!? :mad:

Originally posted by xer0derm
After having problems burning SD2 games w/ the newer firmware, I attemtped to edit the firmware as did Starrman.

Man, are you crazy!!! :eek:

As other threads have pointed out, you should only edit the first instance of the ROM revision. You’ll now have to do a re-edit on a fresh bin copy, so that it recognizes the case correctly.

What firmware gave you problems backing up SD2?

XS0R

It was shipped with that firmware. I had purchased that burner based on it’s ability to burn SD2, along w/ the great things Ive heard people say. I was astonished at the fact that it didnt work, it kept saying that the CD was not in the drive when it got to a certain point. For Sims Vacation it was in the install portion right after entering the serial data, for Global Ops, it was when I tried to run the game after installing. So when I came here and saw that someone else had the same prob, I realized that was probably it. however, it looks like Im gonna have to RMA the drive and get a new one and try and patch it again.

Have you already tried to downgrade your firmware with mtkflash as described in this thread? I think this could work. At least you should be able to install the latest Firmware from LiteOn (XS0U)

Are you sure you used the correct settings for backing up the games?
Don’t belive the people in the CloneCD-forum, using the default game profile does NOT work with the 32123S.
The correct setting is, FES ON, hardware, 0 retries.
Close last session. Everything else unchecked.

But you seem to have bigger problems than that at the moment… :frowning:

Sorry to read about your problem xer0derm.:eek: I’m not exactly sure what you did but whatever you did you did it wrong. I did it wrong too but my mistake was to edit both occurrences of xs0r whereas I should have only edited the first occurrence. When I changed the ‘r’ in xs0r to an ‘s’, I did so in lowercase and not uppercase like you may have done.

On one hand I’m glad there is finally someone else who has had the same problem as me (some replies suggested I was perhaps making this up or doing something wrong). On the other hand I really feel for you and sincerely hope you can get yourself out of this mess.

Unfortunately I have no suggestions at this moment but perhaps the answer you are searching may lay with mtkflash as Liggy pointed out. I personally never used this utility but I did come close to really considering it as an option since I read some good reports about it.

Good luck and I hope everything turns out well for you.

email the liteon poeple-i thinnk they have some info. for this situation;) Bon chance!

Originally posted by Starrman
[B Unfortunately I have no suggestions at this moment but perhaps the answer you are searching may lay with mtkflash as Liggy pointed out. I personally never used this utility but I did come close to really considering it as an option since I read some good reports about it. [/B]

Do you, or anyone else know how to use this utility. Before I do, I want to at least knwo what Im getting into :p. And thanks for all the support from everyone. I also have an email going out to Liteon today

Sorry xer0derm, I have no idea how this program works, you may want to check out the firmware forum site and read up on it or ask for advice. here is the link: http://forum.firmware-flash.com/ .:slight_smile: