Message to lapinou BW FIX

ok i have found out some problems and some fixes and its all down to the following !

your Phisical BWA builder in the latest build is great
but the writeing methods in the latest version sucks

BW v4.2.5 is great !

now if you can impute the bwa version from the latest BW into v4.2.5 setup

then i think you have a winner !
read my post here you will see what i mean !..

=================================

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60981

i think this will solve a lot a problems with outher users aswell
this new emulation system you placed into the latest build is incredably crap hehe sorry to say it but it is…

i think your on with a winner if you put the latest version BWA builder into the 425 build and change the build number to above the latest version ! and i insist you say something about it in the updated log/ so people will know like me that you did what i sead and we should see posative responces at the mo im sticking with the above …

hope this helps mate…:bow:

emulation is crap … well … I would appreciate detailed report rather this sum up.

I will not explain again, why we did this… it is not so a bad idea as Alcohol does it too now…

one thing we don’t deeply check is the behaviour when a lot of different software are loaded, I mean Alcohol+clonecd+etc…

did you uninstall insektor ?

yes I saw you are a winner…

Originally posted by lapinou
[B]emulation is crap … well … I would appreciate detailed report rather this sum up.

I will not explain again, why we did this… it is not so a bad idea as Alcohol does it too now…

one thing we don’t deeply check is the behaviour when a lot of different software are loaded, I mean Alcohol+clonecd+etc…

did you uninstall insektor ?

yes I saw you are a winner… [/B]

Insektor i didnt even have that installed hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

all i had installed was alcohol nero clonecd and alcohol !

and all there emulation and hide atapi stuff was turned off

and the game loads from LTR 48x and 52x and LTR 163 D
perfectly…

i mean perfect hehe they all load the cdr equal to the speed of the original though the burner`s where faster for some reason :slight_smile:

i didnt have eny emulation on i understand why your going the emulation way ! but you should have options where you can tick to use bwa if found like the 425 version and also in the settings area have the option to turn atapi off and auto turned off but have them all seperate not just in one auto setting…

also your latest version isnt burning the bwa files corectly like the 425 version i tryed but only 425 burned the cdr corectly…

i hope this helps if you need more details contact me
on a side note i hope i wont a free licence becuse at the mo im useing trialware lol :smiley: i was probly to slow becuse i havent had email back yet hehe :smiley:

well hope this works mate :stuck_out_tongue:

why atapi off ?

to have the same behaviour ( I mean twinpeaks if it works fine for you ) you just have to turn off the autoplay settings. and it will work as the 4.2.5 version.

I have to create manually the licence ( xmas gift ) so you will receive it soon, it takes time…

[B]why atapi off ?

to have the same behaviour ( I mean twinpeaks if it works fine for you ) you just have to turn off the autoplay settings. and it will work as the 4.2.5 version.

I have to create manually the licence ( xmas gift ) so you will receive it soon, it takes time… [/B]

well mate its not realy an asessity to have atapi off but just haveing a setting there that allows you to turn it off would be great…

if you can get a SecuROM - 4.84.00 0030 UT2003 game to work
with out atapi without emulation and working in both burner and in cdrom then thats fantastic its as close to 1/1 as we will ever get at the moment enyway !

but thats what people like right ? even updated to the latest patch and working and when i place the cdr in my burner it auto loads up then i click play and presto 3 seconds it takes to bypass the guard module and it works …

On a side note wooohoo thx for the xmas gift matey

you mean atip ! not atapi … atapi for me it’s IDE hard drive etc…

I don’t understand you.

I can give some tips, but I also have to respect the optimal and easiest way to do a backup. do you mean than yes the last update of unreal you encounter problems. ?

I will try, but I will use the default settings… I mean autoplay. because this is the good way to do it. The twinpeak is too dependant on the hardware, and we can’t do anything to improve this.

you should have received the key, ( and sorry I don’t have a field in my customer database for nickname ) I will not say to any body your name is xxxx bip bip bip :slight_smile:

[B]you mean atip ! not atapi … atapi for me it’s IDE hard drive etc…

I don’t understand you.

I can give some tips, but I also have to respect the optimal and easiest way to do a backup. do you mean than yes the last update of unreal you encounter problems. ?

I will try, but I will use the default settings… I mean autoplay. because this is the good way to do it. The twinpeak is too dependant on the hardware, and we can’t do anything to improve this.

you should have received the key, ( and sorry I don’t have a field in my customer database for nickname ) I will not say to any body your name is xxxx bip bip bip :slight_smile: [/B]

hehe noone understand me lol :smiley:
yes mate im talking about atip hehe i get to confused over those 2

and yes with the latest bw build i encounter problems where the disk duz not install or run but burning with 425 i get no problems i think its due to the fact there is on option to tick to use bwa if found becuse after the burn and i view the log it said something about emulation embeded wich duz not give you correct info you need like did it use the bwa or did it embed emulation ways that bw can identify the cdr as original and run !

ok ill give ya a tip …

make it so there is a option in teh burning dialog where you can tick to use bwa if found and in the settings make it so the auto duz everything like hide atip and use emulation but when that is unticked and you burn the cd with use bwa if found ticked it tells you in the log like it did with 425 version

your nearly there as far as im conserned just a we bit more tweaking and it should be great for almost all users with the correct hardware…

on a side note i recived my email cheers man ill reply in the xmas gife post hehe :smiley:

I just backed up No One Lives Forever 2 (SecuRom New v-4.82.01.0029) using Blindwrite and the BWA file on this forum. I made 2 copies, one with and one without the BWA file. I installed the game using my Plextor SCSI drive 40X and using the disc without the BWA file. I use the disc I made with the BWA file to play the game. Everything worked fine.

I haven’t tried to use the disc with the BWA to do both the installation ann the playing, but I’m trying that tomorrow.

Also, I have downloaded the update version 1.2 which is SecuRom New v-4.84.00.0039. I haven’t installed it yet and I’m not sure if this will affect the functionality of the game. I’ll also try tomorrow

My setup:
Blindwrite 4.28
Plextor Ultra Wide SCSI 40X Drive to read and install
Lite-On 52X-24X-52X to burn

The program seemed to work fine for me, but I would still like to see the use BWA file box

Originally posted by cgcmgr
[B]I just backed up No One Lives Forever 2 (SecuRom New v-4.82.01.0029) using Blindwrite and the BWA file on this forum. I made 2 copies, one with and one without the BWA file. I installed the game using my Plextor SCSI drive 40X and using the disc without the BWA file. I use the disc I made with the BWA file to play the game. Everything worked fine.

I haven’t tried to use the disc with the BWA to do both the installation ann the playing, but I’m trying that tomorrow.

Also, I have downloaded the update version 1.2 which is SecuRom New v-4.84.00.0039. I haven’t installed it yet and I’m not sure if this will affect the functionality of the game. I’ll also try tomorrow

My setup:
Blindwrite 4.28
Plextor Ultra Wide SCSI 40X Drive to read and install
Lite-On 52X-24X-52X to burn

The program seemed to work fine for me, but I would still like to see the use BWA file box [/B]

get 425 install it use your 52x liteon to do the bwa and write the cdr

it will work no problem useing that version for install and for play !
i did it numorus times with UT2003 standard and with update and works both times! >

let us know how you get on…

OK, I usually use Norton Ghost to do complete backups of my harddrive. I “ghosted back” to the time before I installed NOLF2 and tried to install it with the Disc I made that contained the BWA file in it’s creation. The game loaded perfectly and runs fine. So it looks like there is no need to make 2 disc # 1’s. I’m still installing the game and reading the game with my Plextor Ultra Wide 40X SCSI drive. I read somewhere that users with a Plextor drive must make 2 copies of disc #1 (one with and one without the BWA file, to be used to install and then to play the game). I only needed the disc created with the BWA file to do both. I’m going to update the game to Version 1.2 (SecuRom New V. 4.84.00.0039) and see how it works

ok…updated the game and it still works fine