Message in Gspot v2.52?

vbimport

I have been trying to convert an AVI of Thomas the tank engine for my 2 year old. I can get the movie to play on my computer, and when I convert the file over with winavi v6.3, I can play the dvd with power dvd. But now I burn the files with nero6.6 and my dvd player won’t play the disc. I have burnt over 20 discs with these two programs and they have always worked. I got gspot to see what it said about the file, and it shows this message under the Proposed Codec Solutions and Tests:

failed to connect Output pin 0x0115213c (“Stream 00”) on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x0115c38c (“XForm In”) on filer 0x01ef20c2 ('XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder"). ConnetDirect() failed. Error 0x80040207: There is no common media type between these pins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try re-copying from the original, assuming it is a DVD, using AnyDVD and CloneDVD, both of which have a free trial. You could also try a different converter, go to www.videohelp.com and search for avi to DVD and there are quite a few tutorials on it.

What message does your dvd player give you when you insert the disk? If it totaly fails to read it, then it’s likely media incompatability. It will say something like “No Valid Disk” or maybe freeze entirely.

G-spot is only relevent to playing the files on your PC, and just tells you if you have compatable codecs installed. Power dvd will play your dvd files despite this as it refers to it’s own codecs. If the disk plays on power dvd, it should play on your standalone, unless your player just doesn’t like your disks. It’s very possible that this is the case.

Try using -r media, or +r burned with bit-type set to dvd-rom, and use quality disks for highest compatability and fewer playback problems.

Not all burners support booktype of discs, so the make and model is needed.

It is a broad generalisation that bitsetting a DVD+R to DVD-ROM makes it more complatible, I have yet to experience this, others find it works. Therefore making it a statement is incorrect dog.

It could be incompatible media as dog has said. What have you used oling, including type (+ or -R)?

[QUOTE=d_dog]What message does your dvd player give you when you insert the disk?
G-spot is only relevent to playing the files on your PC, and just tells you if you have compatable codecs installed. Power dvd will play your dvd files despite this as it refers to it’s own codecs. If the disk plays on power dvd, it should play on your standalone, unless your player just doesn’t like your disks. It’s very possible that this is the case.
QUOTE]

I have used the same dvd-r’s before and no issue. I have at least 20 that I have burnt with this same set up, and everyone of them plays on my two players, home and car units. This video wont on either. I have tried 3 other types of media dvd-rw dvd+r and I am getting the same issue with all the “coasters” I have made.

I am going to go to videohelp and see what all the forums say there. If this wasnt for my son, I would have said forget it already.

I have used memorex 16x dvd-r and also some sony dvd-r as well as imation dvd+r media.

Not exactly the best media around. Don’t fall for the name thing. Try Verbatim orTaiyo Yudens.

This is a DirectShow error message indicating it can’t match the AVI content to the MPEG4 XviD decoder. What’s strange is that Gspot should be able to find a solution using the Cyberlink decoder installed with Power DVD.

It’s not immediately obvious what you are trying to do. This AVI that you’re trying to ‘convert’:

1. What’s the source?

2. As hinted at earlier by JayC30, do you have the original DVD to convert to XviD/DivX.

3. Do you have any ‘codec packs’ installed?

[B]I have k lite codec pack installed[/B]

Get rid and download specific codec as you need them. Packs are a pain in the arse and more trouble that they are worth.

We can no longer help you as the forum rules prevent us from helping with illegal downloads.

Indeed we cannot help any further with illegal downloads. Sorry, but it’s in the rules :cop:.

Thread closed.

We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:

[ul]
[li]Language that is obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or violate any laws;[/li]> [li]Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property;[/li]> [li]Requests for downloads of anything that is not freeware, shareware, trial versions or copyright-free material (hence, no ISOs, Warez or MP3s that are protected by copyright). Any references to such activities will also lead to deletion of the topic;[/li]> [li]Offerings of products (tangible or intangible) and services that you do not have legal disposition over.[/li]
[/ul]