Merging 3 portions of disks to 1 disk

vbimport

With Fab, DVD to DVD, can 1 (or more) chapter(s) from 3 different disc’s be merged to one disk? I did not want to experiment and make coasters. I know that merge is set up for two disks, but if someone wants to take just a portion of each disk, can that be done? I did not want the program to finalize the target (blank) disk until all the video has been transferred.
Thanks for any info.

[QUOTE=dan633;2454789]With Fab, DVD to DVD, can 1 (or more) chapter(s) from 3 different disc’s be merged to one disk? I did not want to experiment and make coasters. I know that merge is set up for two disks, but if someone wants to take just a portion of each disk, can that be done? I did not want the program to finalize the target (blank) disk until all the video has been transferred.
Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]
Try it but do not burn to disk instead save to the computer to make sure that it is the way you want it

[QUOTE=dan633;2454789]With Fab, DVD to DVD, can 1 (or more) chapter(s) from 3 different disc’s be merged to one disk? I did not want to experiment and make coasters. I know that merge is set up for two disks, but if someone wants to take just a portion of each disk, can that be done? I did not want the program to finalize the target (blank) disk until all the video has been transferred.
Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

Hi dan633

Yes merge mode should do what you want but I would do as GJ suggested about saving it to your hard drive first to see how it plays before burning to a disc…

I do the same thing sometimes, however I use DVD Shrink to put them together by using the re-author feature :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks for the info guys! I am not real swift on PC operation though. I have shrink loaded but don’t know how to properly use it. Problem enters when I don’t know the terminology that is considered standard,ie; re-author (?) But I will find out how to save to the HD (it does that automatically anyway ?,I think. But once all the items are saved they have to be copied to disk. As I recall all folders have to be copied, even the one that is always empty (TS or similar) Will they copy in the same order I see them, left to right? If not, how/what determines burn order?
I’ll tell you what, maybe you can throw some basic how-to’s back to me. I have a feeling this could turn into a book and I don’t mean to make this a whole course on DVD burning. I suppose I was hoping that there was a way within the FAB program that might be extra user friendly for making specific merges rather than a straight “2 disks to 1”