(Merged Thread) Help with backing up FEAR CD-ROM

Hi, I’m new to the forums. I would just like to ask if anyone has made a working copy of FEAR on CD-Rom. I attempted to back up my copy with Alcohol 120% and TwinCreator, and it seems to work fine, no errors come up, and I followed the offline guide to the T. However, when I attempt to use it, the CD doesn’t load quickly enough, and the game won’t load. FEAR gives me a message like: FEAR disc has not loaded quickly enough. Please help!

Yes, I’ve done so without any particular difficulties.

You may be having problems either because your drive doesn’t like twinsector copies much or because you’ve made a lousy .mds file.

What drive did you use to do the dpm analysis and at what speed? Please also let us know what drive/s you’re using to try to run the back-up copy.

I did DPM analysis at 1x, and I’m using a Pioneer DVR-R100. I burn at an 8x speed. I use the same drive to make the copy. Thanks for the help.

It still doesn’t work. Anyone have a solution, or instructions to copy the CD version of FEAR, using Alcoholer 120% and TwinCreator. I’ve tried it in both CD drives, and nothing happens.

I’ve tried to burn FEAR with Alcohol 120%, and TwinCreator. The burn seems to go fine, but when I try to load the game, the game says that data cannot be located fast enough. Does anyone know how to beat this? BTW, I use a Pioneer DVR-R100. AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512 mb ram

Have you tried mounting the game on a virtual cd/dvd device-alcohol/daemon tools? Some games have to have a certain speed that your cd/dvd have to spin to get the data. dpm’s…try mounting the image and see what happens…also I don’t believe you would even need the twin creator program.

How did you make the image?

I don’t think it’s your burner, it’s a dvd game, it should more than likely be an iso, that if burning with alcohol should have went perfectly…pretty straight forward with the securom setting enabled

@kirk1969

It depends on how he made the image and what he made the image with to whether or not it is an ISO. An ISO does not store the necessary copy protection information in order to get a good working backup.

I see, I did it a while back with that game but it has been so long since I messed with it

i no this isnt about FEAR but how do i copy GTAIII wit Alcahol 120%

Its the CD version that I’m using

Post your unpatched .mds file so I can look at it to see if it’s any good.

That makes a big difference. You need to find out the protection used on the cd’s and set the Alcohol settings to such when making the image and burning it. I used a little tool called aray scanner from here: I don’t know the rules yet on hotlinks but heres the url:

hxxp://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/ARay-Scanner.shtml

I belive it is securom 7.00xxxx so you would set it as such, then your dpm and the settings you need will be correct I’m thinking-it’s been a long time since I have done it. Your alcohol support could tell you better than me…:slight_smile:

I don’t know how to post it. Can you help me?
Also, I don’t know how to get BWA builder. I downloaded Blindwrite 5 and 6, and I can’t find the exe.

This might be a dumb question but are your ide and secondary ide set for dma transfer and not pio…

Yea, they are set for DMA

When you reply, use the “Manage Attachments” button and proceed from there. Probably a good idea if you zip the file first.

Ok here it is:

F.E.A.R.dl.zip (5.99 KB)

Which version of Alcohol are you using?

Can you also post a complete system report from within Alcohol. Thanks.