Merge with dvdfab

vbimport

Is there any way to use dvdfab to put two scenes from separate discs onto one disc?

[QUOTE=baggman;2505494]Is there any way to use dvdfab to put two scenes from separate discs onto one disc?[/QUOTE]

Yes there is however to do so you will or may need to use either main movie or customize mode and to select the scenes you want you’ll need to use the start and end feature and save them to your hard drive first before using merge mode, there is a guide for the product
here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/official-guide-dvdfab-231930/
however don’t know if it covers the steps I have suggested.

I myself would however do it with something else which I can’t discuss here because of the policy of this forum…

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2505503]Yes there is however to do so you will or may need to use either main movie or customize mode and to select the scenes you want you’ll need to use the start and end feature and save them to your hard drive first before using merge mode, there is a guide for the product
here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/official-guide-dvdfab-231930/
however don’t know if it covers the steps I have suggested.

I myself would however do it with something else which I can’t discuss here because of the policy of this forum…[/QUOTE]

thanks… wondering if the guide is updated as well; would like to have a copy to use off line.
all due respect to this forum, but if there is another to do this, can you direct me to some site or link without conflicting the policy? not trying to make trouble, just want to cover the bases. if not, i understand.

[QUOTE=baggman;2505574]thanks… wondering if the guide is updated as well; would like to have a copy to use off line.
all due respect to this forum, but if there is another to do this, can you direct me to some site or link without conflicting the policy? not trying to make trouble, just want to cover the bases. if not, i understand.[/QUOTE]

It’s because this sub-forum is exclusively for DVDFab and related products.

I’ll move this thread to the main Movie Copy Software forum where you’ll be able to discuss this more freely.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2505616]It’s because this sub-forum is exclusively for DVDFab and related products.

I’ll move this thread to the main Movie Copy Software forum where you’ll be able to discuss this more freely.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Wombler

I was waiting to see if baggman would ask about what program :slight_smile: before I move the thread but I see your still on top of things :clap:

[QUOTE=baggman;2505574]thanks… wondering if the guide is updated as well; would like to have a copy to use off line.
all due respect to this forum, but if there is another to do this, can you direct me to some site or link without conflicting the policy? not trying to make trouble, just want to cover the bases. if not, i understand.[/QUOTE]

Well to be honest the merge feature that DVDFab has is nice and all but I find the multiple steps needed is time consuming, when I have a project like what you are doing I use DVD Shrink in Re-Author mode which you can do it all in one step :wink: and since I have DVD Shrink to burn with my favorite burning software(ImgBurn) it will get burned after I have everything together…ie…no need to save each scene to the hard drive first :bigsmile:

Hi StormJumper ,Does this DVDShrink method always work?
Creating a DVD disc that can be played in a standalone.
I learned with information from the web including here to use a more complex method involving sometimes using Vobedit & always using IFO edit.
Sometimes using FixVTS as well.
Then burn with ImgBurn.

Using the DVDshrink method has always worked for me in the past…
http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

I will try the method in the DVDShrink guide to see how it works for me.
A couple of notes though.
Using two different discs like the OP is at least one title would need to be ripped to a folder on the HDD.Also a decrypter like AnyDVD would need to be on if the rip was directely from a commercial encrypted movie disc.
I only have the free version of DVDFab.
With Movie Only I can rip individual chapters.These are decrypted so can be loaded into DVDShrink to use the start end feature to edit the chapter to the cuts I wanted to make.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2505670]Hi Wombler

I was waiting to see if baggman would ask about what program :slight_smile: before I move the thread but I see your still on top of things :clap:[/QUOTE]

Just happened to be off work today so I’ve been here more than usual. :slight_smile:

Good advice as ever BTW and it seems to have had the desired effect.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2505684]Well to be honest the merge feature that DVDFab has is nice and all but I find the multiple steps needed is time consuming, when I have a project like what you are doing I use DVD Shrink in Re-Author mode which you can do it all in one step :wink: and since I have DVD Shrink to burn with my favorite burning software(ImgBurn) it will get burned after I have everything together…ie…no need to save each scene to the hard drive first :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I have DVD Shrink but I do not have ImgBurn.
Must I use it to complete the task? BTW, glad you got back to me(thanks, again). Noticed you were off line when I placed my last reply.

[QUOTE=baggman;2505892]Thanks for the advice. I have DVD Shrink but I do not have ImgBurn.
Must I use it to complete the task? BTW, glad you got back to me(thanks, again). Noticed you were off line when I placed my last reply.[/QUOTE]

No you don’t…you can set DVD Shrink to use nero burning rom or DVD Decrypter, however you’ll find ImgBurn to be the better choice which has much more versatility when it comes to settings and compatibility with various brands of hardware and blank media :wink:

If you need help with the setting we are always happy to help :bigsmile:
and BTW…ImgBurn is free :clap:

I also recommend ImgBurn…FYI there’s a version of DVDshrink that will use ImgBurn after shrink finishes…I’m sure someone will provide a link or zip file soon enough…
Good luck!..