Merge DVDs

vbimport

I have one 3-part movie copied from cable on 3 DVDs on 3 different days.
Below are disk1 files. The other 2 are the same (slightly different values).

VIDEO_TS.IFO 12,288
VIDEO_TS.VOB 98,304
VIDEO_TS.BUP 12,288
VTS_01_0.IFO 79,872
VTS_01_0.BUP 79,872
VTS_01_1.VOB 893,054,980
VTS_01_2.VOB 715,227,140
VTS_01_3.VOB 701,564,932
VTS_01_4.VOB 696,379,396
VTS_01_5.VOB 191,537,156

They have already been processed with VideoReDo.
I want to merge the 3 into 1 and either copy them to a dual layer or 2 singles with further editing.
I’ll be Eternally grateful for any assistance.

I’ve been trying to come up with a simple solution for this. If I were doing it, I’m sure I could import all three dvds into DVDLab Pro and reauthor to one. But getting you there without using expensive software is my goal.

VideoReDo Plus has the ability to combine [B]all[/B] the vob files into one file and output as mpeg2. Use the Joiner tool and the Create Video from Joiner List option. This should give you one big mpeg2 file. Make sure they join in the correct order by the way. If you know beforehand that you want to split it into two dvds on your final output, make two mpeg files…half in each one and author them separately.

I’m hoping you have the latest version of VideoRedo Plus, not an older one, since I’ve forgotten if it had the join tool.

You then import the mpeg2 file into an authoring program like DVDStyler or GUIforDVDAuthor and create a new dvd video.

Another way to combine the vobs and output to mpeg2 files would be to use Vob2Mpg (free program).
There are other tools for joining or splitting mpeg files, like Movica or ProjectX if you need more options.

All right that should be confusing enough. Maybe someone else will come up with a simpler plan. Let’s hope.