Menus With DVD Shrink?

I typically Use DVD X Copy to backup my DVD’s. For some reason however I had this one disk that it claimed was unreadable. My Friend Suggested DVD shrink so I DL’ed and used it. It is a great program! It read the disk and the online tutorials made it quite easy to re-author. All I had to do was pull the spanish language out of one of the TV episodes to make it fit on a DVD-R. I burned it on to a Disc using nero and it works great with one exception. The main menu page that pops up is no longer interactive!. It simply defaults to “play all” and i am no longer able to select which television episode I would like to watch on the disk. Rather i have to FF or manually click through each chapter. Does anyone have any suggestions. It tried searching through the forums but have not found anything. Can’t really understand why this may be occurring seeing that I in no way messed with the menus. When I re-authored i made sure they were all there. Any help would be appreciated.

are u saying that the menu still pops up but is no longer functional?

Thanks for the help. Essentially I am trying to make a backup of a DVD. I would love to copy it fully but it is slightly larger than a normal 4.7 disk. So what you are saying is that after I open the disk in shrink DVD I merely take out the few audio tracts and select “backup” rather than “re-authoring”. That should allow the DVD I am making to remain fully functional with the exception of the audio tracts that i have removed?

Yeah the menu pops up but you cannot navigate through the various choices on it. It just sits there and I have to go to the next chapter to start watching, rather than being able to select the specific episode.

Originally posted by allisonjm
Thanks for the help. Essentially I am trying to make a backup of a DVD. I would love to copy it fully but it is slightly larger than a normal 4.7 disk. So what you are saying is that after I open the disk in shrink DVD I merely take out the few audio tracts and select “backup” rather than “re-authoring”. That should allow the DVD I am making to remain fully functional with the exception of the audio tracts that i have removed?

yes, that’s what i was saying (in my original post before i edited it cuz i thought i misunderstood what u were doing; u’re a fast reader :wink: ). there’s no need to select reauthoring for simply taking out audio/subtitles. this will allow u to keep the menus.

OK I was wondering where that post went. :slight_smile: I will give that A try and post the results. Thanks for all the help.