Sorry to start this new thread but, man, I can’t seem to get things working correctly no matter what I do. And I do think it can be done – but how?? I’d appreciate the best minds being put to the task.
I’m going to quote mself ========
I just tried it with a movie and here’s what happens. I’m going to walk through the stages to see if you can identify what I’m doing wrong.
I have all the files on my HD from DVD Decrypter.
I identify the main movie. In this particular case it is VTS_04_1.VOB - VTS_04_5.VOB. I move these files out of the original directory, leaving VTS_04_0.VOB (the menu) behind in the original directory.
I run DVD2ONE (adjusting the size) on the VOB’s. It produces a working movie. When I rename the directory VIDEO_TS and double click the DVD2ONE produced VIDEO_TS.IFO, WINDVD fires up and plays the movie perfectly. The time line and its slider bar work normally. It comes to the end when the movie ends.
I’m now ready to move the 4 DVD2ONE authored files (VTS_01_1.VOB through VTS_01_1.VOB) into the original directory, but I rename them VTS_04_1.VOB through VTS_04_4.VOB first.
I fire up ifoedit and point it toward VTS_04_0.IFO and select GET VTS SECTORS.
When I play the movie everything seems to work fairly well except for the timeline, which is what is at issue for me every time I try this. It’s particularly noticeable at the end of the movie, if I drag the progress bar across the timeline. The movie ends before the timeline does, meaning the bar can be dragged further but the movie has already ended. This usually fires up the DVCC ad.
Beyond this, though, I’d also like to be able to reduce the size of some of the extras. I have some disks that run around 8.5 G with 5 G is dediacted to the movie and the other 3.5 to the extras. I hate to sacrifice so much to incorporate the extras but “doing” the movie without reducing the extras requries that.
When I try reducing an extra, here’s what I’ve tried but never works.
I copy a VOB to another directory. I ask ifoedit to create an IFO. I run DVD2ONE against the IFO and VOB and then copy the VOB back to the directory and run ifoupdate against the original IFO. Navigation is usually way off. How can this be accomplished without navigation problems.
I think a guide from one of the pros will answer the issues that a lot of us are having.
Thanks for your time…