Sometimes I’d like to add a button or two to an existing menu or create a new menu where the button design and appearance is compatible with the existing menu. At the moment I can do this but it is extremely time consuming. What I do is export the frame of an existing menu, work on it in Photoshop, import the result into DVD Architect, work on it further, create a dummy (small) DVD, then merge the result back into my original DVD.
The greatest problem is that I find it hard to match the colour and highlighting of the new button with that of the original button/s. DVD Architect doesn’t allow one to import custom made buttons so one is forced to use only the ones they provide. I also find it almost impossible to match the highlighting using DVD Architect.
The ideal would be to have a one-stop shop program where one can ‘capture’ all the characteristic of a button on the original DVD, then just tweak this button in one program by manipulating the subtitle image and (any) text at one time. I realise a key problem is that buttons consist of several elements of different types but many programs are able to handle a number of different elements without difficulty.