Memory

Hi, I have 1 gig of rame and i was thinking of getting another stick of ram , 1 gig so i would have 2 would this help in gaming as in other applications , will i notice a big difference, thank you

A big difference? No.

That isn’t to say it won’t help or be useless. More RAM is always better, but it won’t make a noticeable difference, at least not in terms you’re thinking.

If cars do much for you, think of it terms of horsepower. You wouldn’t notice much difference between say 400 and 500 horsepower. Once you get to a certain point, it just doesn’t make all that much difference.

Things change once Vista ships, or for that matter if you are using OS X. But with XP or anything before, it really won’t be that much different.

it’ll help you with the newer games like BF2…

The thing is, there;s not much point having 2 gigs of ram with an average processor and average graphics card. Im using a laptop with a mobile pentium 4 2.8ghz, 128mb ATI mobility radeon graphics card and 896mb ram. I cant even run Call of Duty without the game lagging, I suspect its something to do with my system setup but none the less, the fact remains, its not 1 thing that makes a computer good for gaming its at least 3; CPU, RAM, graphics card, and obviously you dont want a hard disk thats never been defragmented in 3 years lol.