Memory warning

vbimport

Just did a System Check on my computer, got a warning “Wrong values reported by Bios” this was referring to memory. Anyone know what it means?

I have Win 7 Home 8 Ram 1T HDD

Are you using 64bit or 32 bit Win7?

How many physical memory chips are in the machine, and how many memory slots are there? What configuration of 8gb memory are you using in other words, two 4gb chips or four 2gb chips?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2617065]Are you using 64bit or 32 bit Win7?

How many physical memory chips are in the machine, and how many memory slots are there? What configuration of 8gb memory are you using in other words, two 4gb chips or four 2gb chips?[/QUOTE]
Kerry, Thanks for the reply, just went back to the program to get your stats
and the warning is no longer there?. But there are 2 4G chips DDR3. If I am reading it correctly there is 2048M only 2 slots

The reason I mentioned 32bit and 64 bit is the fact that 32 bit systems can only recognize and use 4gb of memory. Don’t know if that applies here or not.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2617071]The reason I mentioned 32bit and 64 bit is the fact that 32 bit systems can only recognize and use 4gb of memory. Don’t know if that applies here or not.[/QUOTE] Sorry Kerry it is a 64 bit,

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2617061]Just did a System Check on my computer, got a warning “Wrong values reported by Bios” this was referring to memory. Anyone know what it means?[/QUOTE]The software you were using reported “Wrong values reported by Bios”.

Crystal ball mode:

[ol]
[li]The unknown diagnostic software you are using can’t handle the amount of RAM installed
[/li][li]The unknown diagnostic software you are using can’t handle the flavour of Windows it is installed under
[/li][li]Something in the BIOS settings is misconfigured
[/li][/ol]
In case of #3; loading BIOS defaults (see motherboard manual for details) might help.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2617085]The software you were using reported “Wrong values reported by Bios”.

Crystal ball mode:

[ol]
[li]The unknown diagnostic software you are using can’t handle the amount of RAM installed[/li][li]The unknown diagnostic software you are using can’t handle the flavour of Windows it is installed under[/li][li]Something in the BIOS settings is misconfigured[/li][/ol]
In case of #3; loading BIOS defaults (see motherboard manual for details) might help.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Some other device, like the internal VGA card, might have taken some of the memory for itself.

This would be a variant of #1 then :slight_smile:

Michael