Memory Problem!

vbimport

Ok, I bought 3 sticks of the 512MB pc3200 (runs as low as pc2100) for $16 AR from Circuit City the other day (1 was special order which i just picked up the other day finally)… When I had the first 2 sticks in my computer everything ran fine… but when i put the 3rd in, and ran cpu-z i got all sorts of the errors… upwards around 3000 before i finally stopped the test… with just the 2 sticks there were no errors… so, i thought it was a bad stick of RAM… i returned it, and reinstalled the new 3rd stick and the same thing happened… i also tried switching the sticks around but its still full of errors… is it likely i got ANOTHER bad stick? or something else…

the specs of my computer are AZZA p4x4-alh Motherboard (i know i know what the hell is azza), 2.5ghz, 1GB pc3200 ram (running at pc2700 - the fastest my motherboard will go), 2 200gb HD, 1 DVDrw, 1DVDROM, ati 9500 128mb VC…

please help… thanks very much in advance…

Probably… Here in England on ebuyer, I managed to pick up FOUR bad sticks before they sent me a working one…

Now if I am buying cheap RAM I always buy 1 extra stick, this way if there is a fault on 1 of the first 2 I try then it can go back, otherwise I keep it for my next project.

Simple rule of thumb though when it comes to memory, buy quality memory, Corsair OCZ etc…

What brand was the ram? I got 512mb kingston value ram from circuit city for 18$ after rebate a few weeks ago? Is it off name or something decent?

yeah, it was the kingston… and ive bought their stuff before in the past for old computers… never had a problem…

I have used lots of kingston in the past and never had problems. As close as I can tell, that motherboard is suposed to support up to 3 gig, but If I had to make a guess, I would say it is something wrong with the motherboard. Especially since you have changed ram around and it runs fine with 2. I would guess something wrong with the third slot.

i thought there might be something wrong with the 3rd slot too, but i used to run 768mb of pc2100 spread across all 3 slots… and ive even switched around the two new sticks using that 3rd slot and everything is fine… which lead me to believe it was ANOTHER bad stick… but i dont know…i find it hard to believe that i got 2 BAD STICKS in a row…