Memory Optimizer under Win 9X?

vbimport

which is a good one ?

need to free some ram space & also optimize it. system is doing a lot of swaping.

How much RAM do you have in the system? CacheMan is a good one and it’s free.

Those memory managment programs are quite nice, but I think it’s better to make sure that not too many programs are running at once (if your system is low on memory).

Another good option, is to make sure that there is no program with a memory leak (this costs enormous amounts of money).

The best Windows-way: switch to a Windows version based on NT :wink:

Dee, it’s true that NT based Win OS has better memory management, but there are always people who run into memory problem in any OS. A lot of people bitch about how WinME is the most shitty OS, but I had no prob w/ it. WinXP has excellent memory managemnt, but there are still people w/ 1GB of RAM that still have trouble with it. What am I trying to say here? Oh right, don’t install to many shitty programs.

Originally posted by Stoner
Dee, it’s true that NT based Win OS has better memory management

Actually, its proven by many good reference sites (ie: toms hardware) and was also advocated as a sales pitch by MS themselves. NT based such as nt,2k,xp have better array management of the way i/o data is transferred in the ram. AFAIK, aside from what I read and see, my own personal experience and and manyyears of being a PC tech, my tech friends (1 worked for MS & 1 worked for Dell) are all in concensus.

Tom’s a prick and so’s Kyle.

Originally posted by xtacydima
NT based such as nt,2k,xp have better array management of the way i/o data is transferred in the ram.

kindly explain what that means

i am happy with win98se :slight_smile: it 0wnz. lol.