Memory Change

vbimport

I have to change the memory I’m going to get. The one I was going to get is sold out. This is the one I was going to get. When I was asking for advise, it was suggested, and no-one shot it down.

This is the one I’m going to get since the first one is sold out. Besides price (which doesn’t concern me… much), there’s not much of a difference right? I’m just trying to keep from making a mistake.

So far, I’ve seen, like, 2 or 3 things go out of stock that I was planning to get. Two video cards and now this. I’m just going to order the parts now before more go out of stock, so I’m going to order sometime tomorrow. Besides, I think I’m irritating a lot of people with my numerous posts.

Also, eris95se, I’m still getting that card you suggested. A friend of mine is going to loan me a (cheap) card until it comes into stock again.

Sure, thats a fine choice, there are other cheaper ones that would work good too, but those have good timmings and good reviews.

Realize when you build the new system that it probably won’t boot with 4-4-4-12 timmings. When first starting up the system go into the bios and set the timmings and the ram voltage, I would say try 2.0V. Then run memtest86+ from a CD or floppy and ensure that the ram does not make errors.

Its also good to check to see what version the MB bios is, and then flash the new bios prior to begining the OS install process.

Thanks for the help. I seriously appreciate it. I ordered my parts and they should be here by the end of the week. When they arrive, and I get that video card I’m aiming for, I’ll have the benchmarks for them. I want to thank everyone here who helped me plan this build, and who put up with me. I couldn’t have done it without any of you.