Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

What is the US crew planning for the Memorial Day Weekend? I’m heading up to the Henry’s Fork of The Snake River and…

Whats the memory?

In memory of all the military personnel who have lost their lives in our numerous wars…

If it don’t rain a rib BBQ with slaw and corn bread

Not necessessarly for war vets. My parents called it decoration day. Go put flowers on dead relatives graves. Honor the dead basically.

going to see X3!!!

From Wikipedia-
Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday that is observed on the last Monday of May (scheduled next for May 29th, 2006). It was formerly known as Decoration Day. This holiday commemorates U.S. men and women who died in military service for their country. It began first to honor Union soldiers who died during the American Civil War. After World War I, it expanded to include those who died in any war or military action. Some Americans use Memorial Day weekend to also honor family members who have passed away. Church services on the Sunday prior to Memorial Day may include a reading of the names of members who have died during the previous 12 months.

What is X3?

If it can’t be done wrong… it can’t be done. /.

x-men 3!

i’ve been waiting since last memorial day weekend when the second one came out haha.

X2 ruled so much. This one isn’t supposed to be as good, but I’m a nerd and need to see it.

although this is sort of disappointing. seeing xmen memorial day weekend has been my routine for the last 3 years. what will i do next year?!

hopefully there will be a midnight showing at my theater

my Desktop:

gonna one up my usual 54 holes of golf over 2 days with at least 72 if not 90 over 3 days.

Never got hooked on “cow pasture pool”, but hope you enjoy yourself and maybe get a hole in one.
My addiction is flyfishing…

I’m going saugeye fishing,if the weather cooperates, LOL

I’m looking forward to a 3 day weekend!

Well kids, the dog is waiting, the 4Runner is loaded up and so is the driver, and it’s time to hit the road for the first fishing trip of the season. Drive carefully and enjoy your weekend. You all behave yourselves while I’m gone…

One day, I’ll make a car powered by stupidity…

actually this year will be very different…
My dad was in the army stationed at Ft Hood Texas…and drove a tank…i grew up in that army type atmosphere. Where we loved our country, respected our president-regardless if we voted for him or not, and took extreme pride that our family was part of the defense department…

this year will be the first memorial day without him…so i’m going to the cemetary alone to place a flag…just because he gave up so much for us to do what he felt was an obligation…

:sad:

I’m with you S_S!!!..Well said.
I lost my dad last year at 92 yo, body just finally gave out, no regrets, passed away peacefully. He deserved that. WWII Vet, 10nth mountain division…a real hero, but would never think of himself that way.

We’ll enjoy a cookout, have some fun with family and friends (including my mom who’s doing great at 95) and remember why we can.

@ Sexy_Southerner & maineman - Your fathers are both heroes, and I for one will [B]NEVER[/B] forget the sacrifices they made so that we can be free. :iagree:

Work! Err… look like doing some work… or just real work. Dunno… Normal day here.